*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/876898-Dead-Wings-Chapter-6
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Death · #876898
Chapter 6 is after Part 2. As a ghost Peter learns of his teachers secret.
(Just thought I might put this up because I haven't even started writing chapter 8 yet so I can't make Dead Wings Part 3 yet. If you haven't read Dead Wings: Part 1 and 2 then u should read that before you read this.)

Dead Wings: Chapter 6:
CUNK; the shovels hit bone… At that moment Kris slowly faded away…

“We found him!”

”Who is he?”

”Ben Thurman. He killed him…” The officer pointed to Mr. Thurman and he turned away from the man.

“How did you know?”

”I… uh… saw it?”

”You saw it?” he repeated.

“I saw it, in a dream…” The officer said softly, he didn't believe it but he knew it was true...

The moment they hit Ben’s bones Kris slowly faded away. Just like before he vanished… slowly fading away Kris left the plane and went away. To heaven or hell or some other place.

***********************************************

“Mr. Thomas! We made them leave—Kris and Josh are gone!”

”What? How?” Mr. Thomas asked as he turned towards me in his empty home. I had been searching all over for Mr. Thomas and I finally found him. He was watching them move out all of his stuff from the home he once lived in. They had boxes and boxes full of stuff.

”They vanished! Kris said that if we fix the problems in our lives; than we can finally leave in death.” I said as I watched them slowly remove the many items of the home that Mr. Thomas once lived in. I finished what I was saying, “And they—did!!

Mr. Thomas turned away from me, considering my words with much thought. “Then I will be leaving soon then.” He looked at me again with quite fearful eyes and he continued; “I will be going to hell then, my life was one of sin.”

”But we all have sinned!” I argued, but then I slowly realized what he meant as his hands appeared to be stained in blood.

”Peter, I have killed people!” He yelled aloud. For a moment I worried the others would hear him but knew they couldn't hear us.

Our eyes clashed into each others as I studied the man. His eyes were of fire and mine water. I had to look away as it felt as if my eyes were burning just from his stare.

“You’re a teacher! How could you have killed anyone? How could—“

The man looked at his home and watched his nephew, Jonathon, go through a certain pile of junk. Mr. Thomas looked back to me when Jonathon left the pile with a full box. “We all live different lives away from work.” Said the man; the man I thought I knew. Mr Thomas, the man who taught me; the teacher, the stranger, the murderer.

I finally saw him for what he was and he wasn’t the man I thought I knew. He was a stranger to me; a dead stranger. He was a victim of the shooting but he wasn’t actually innocent!

So what future is near for this man? What pathway has he chosen? What will God do to this man?

Mr. Thomas broke the silence, ”Jessica left too. She vanished like the others; shortly after the funeral.”

I smiled slightly, I didn't know Jessica real well but I was glad to know she perhaps at peace now. ”Well—have you seen Ben?” I asked, hoping he could help me with that at least.

”Ben?” he asked, he didn’t know about him dying but he knew him. “Ben’s dead too? Who killed him?”

“His father.”

The stranger backed away from me as if my words were poison to him. He didn’t want to hear those words. How could he be so affected by it? A killer, falling, running; away from such words. “I killed her, I killed Lisa Thurman!" He finally let out. He couldn't hold his secret any longer; to bad he was already dead... "She was cheating on him but he didn’t know. So I killed her... Kent Thurman... must have lost it after she was found dead."

”You—" I yelled at him and jumped from my spot, "You can’t kill people for that! You don’t kill! You ruined their lives!”

”Ruined their lives.” He repeated to himself and his eyes burned.

I turned away from him, I couldn't bare to see his face any longer. Then I had to ask, ”What are you still here for?”

”Here?”

“In this plane! Why aren’t you burning in hell?”

”I haven’t been found out by the living.”

”Will you ever?”

“Yes...” He softly pointed to his nephew again as he went through that same pile again. Jonathon had moved in with his uncle a few years ago after his parents died. Mr. Thomas was all Jonathon had. As he went through their stuff he uncovered a notebook, he waved through the pages and found an entry titled ‘Lisa Thurman’.

*************************************************
December 6th 1998
Dear journal
I killed her tonight. She deserved to die; for she was loved all too well by her husband. Yet she didn’t love him back. Lisa Thurman loved another man and so I killed her. I first strangled her and then I shot her to make sure she was dead. ‘She deserved to die’ I told myself. So I killed her.

How could this women have a child with her husband; a beautiful boy named Ben. Be married to this man for 18 years and not love him. This husband loved her so much but he didn’t know. She didn’t want him to know.

She didn’t want her lover to know either. She didn’t want me to know that she was married but she finally told me.

She deserved to die…
*************************************************

I heard the nephew read the journal entry aloud. “Horrible people” I said aloud I looked back to Mr. Thompson but he was already gone…

I decided I had no place in this house. I only hoped Joseph would be ok after seeing what a monster this man, he called uncle, was. As I left the house I heard the clash of glass against the road but I didn’t turn back. I wouldn’t or I couldn’t. I didn’t want to see or think about it anymore.

Too many secrets and monsters behind closed doors.

Once there was a boy who was killed by his best friend. As a ghost he slowly was left behind and as a ghost he slowly discovered the truth of the people he thought he knew.
© Copyright 2004 Steve H. (stevehurl88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/876898-Dead-Wings-Chapter-6