*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/880821-A-Toast-to-You-My-Love
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #880821
Here is a piece about one man I had loved. Or maybe still love...
Isn’t it amazing how one person can change everything you see? I had taken a walk on the streets before, only to see a tree, some grass, a small blooming flower. I take a walk now and I see a beautiful painting set in front of me. It takes my breath away. I remember the first time I thought nature was beautiful. I had been camping near a small beach, and decided to take a walk on a path that was right beside it. As I was walking back I saw the sun set. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Of course, how could one not think that a sun set on the beach was beautiful? The reflection of the sun on the water is breath-taking. This wondrous experience was before I met him.

Who is he? Ah, well, he is no one extremely special, I guess. But loving him made me appreciate all of the beauty that surrounded me more and more each day.

In the words of Elton John, ‘‘how wonderful life is while your in the world.’’ And how truly wonderful it was! I can remember every single laugh, and every single smile, but, unfortunately, all sweet bliss comes to an end at some point. I also remember his dreadful tears, and his distant eyes. Oh, how I felt the pain he held inside his heart! I knew what he was going through, but how could I tell him? An answer never bestowed upon my grasp. But enough of that, I don’t want to depress you with my remorseful ramblings.

Here’s a toast to you, my love. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could hear the palpitation of my heart right about now, or if you could see my every dream. No surprise would hinder me if you could sense the pace of my breath quickening whenever I am with you, or if you knew my wishful thoughts of being in your arms. Every nerve in my body is telling me I love you. My heart beats to the ever known song of ‘I Love You’ over and over again. For every single tear that is shed, there is one reason that I love you. Every tear drop is shed for one reason. I need you.
© Copyright 2004 Z.J. Garcia (darkxhaven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/880821-A-Toast-to-You-My-Love