*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/881602-The-Write-Fight
by Ziggy
Rated: E · Essay · Writing · #881602
The challenge of converting thoughts to written words.
I have wielded many implements of occupation in my life. All of these I assert, perhaps a bit too eagerly, have been handled with some good measure of skill and success. What, though, of the pen? It is purported to be mightier than the sword, in its ability to both attack and defend, should it not follow then that it is also the master over the hammer, the delivery truck and, most recently for myself, the computer keyboard?
Unfortunately this deceivingly simple act of writing has an inherent intimidation factor that is commensurate with its above stated degree of mightiness. It is this intimidation factor, above all other reasons, also known as excuses, that keeps me locked in a sort of inertia. This ongoing battle between the desire to write, and the dearth of actually doing so, is what brings me here.
Certainly, this is not a new challenge. All who have gone before, who still are and, in fact, all who read this almost certainly have faced and conquered this very same foe. However, from these eyes, it is a fearsome sight, previously unseen.
© Copyright 2004 Ziggy (andy_mcsd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/881602-The-Write-Fight