*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/886706-The-Wedding
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #886706
Putting true love to the test may prove to be noble ... or disastrous.
Jenny was excited. This was the day that she had been waiting for, ever since she met Marc. He was the one that she had dreamed of marrying since she was a teenager and would tell her friends what she wanted in a husband. True, he had the qualities that any woman wanted. He was tall, handsome, made good money.

There were also the qualities that made them a match for each other. He was sensitive, loved to talk and seemed to be tuned in to her needs and emotions. Jenny oftened joke that he should have been a woman.

Jenny woke with butterflies in her stomach because she was so excited. At first she thought she was going to throw up after she ate the huge breakfast her mom made for her. All of a sudden, she started to panic and ran down the stairs looking for her mom.

"Mom, mom ... all of a sudden I feel so scared and I have this knot in the pit of my stomach like something bad is going to happen" Jenny said.

Her mom sat her down and looked at her with the love and wisdom she devloped throughout the years. She said "Honey, no matter what happens today, you have to be able to look inside your heart and know that you love Marc. This day can still be perfect if you know without a shadow of a doubt what this relationship is built upon."

Jenny looked at her mom and hugged and ran back up the stairs to continue to get ready without given her mom's words another thought ... later on she would.

Marc was white with fear. Here this was the one person in the world that he loved more than anything and he kept one secret from her. He knew that he had to tell her and that maybe ... just maybe she would still love him and forgive him. His best friend Brad walked in. "What's taking so long dude, you're dressed, so let's get going" he said.

When Marc turned around, Brad knew what was taking so long. " Marc, just tell her. Look, I don't think of you as any different and I know that when it comes to matters of the heart and kept secrets, it makes things harder ... just tell Jenny. I know it will be difficult to accept, but she will not turn away from you" Brad said.

The wedding went off without a hitch. The gown that jenny was wearing was gorgeous. She walked down the aisle and everything felt right.

The Minister asked if anyone thought these two shouldn't be joined together and to speak now or forever hold their peace. At that moment, Marc stepped away from Jenny and turned towards her.

Jenny felt a knot in her stomach. He said "Jen, I love you more than life itself. I know that what I tell you will determine if you will marry me hear and now. I can't bear to go one moment with out letting you know ... When I was 20, I decided to have a sex change. I felt so uncomfortable in my own skin being a woman. I know that I should have told you this before. When I met you; I fell in love with you, your heart and everything that you stand for. I know that I'm hurting you by telling you now ... our love is not a lie and I'm the same person you fell in love with 5yrs ago."

By then, Jenny's eyes had welled up with tears. At first, it was for herself. Then the tears was for knowing that all this time, Marc felt like he couldn't tell her for fear of losing her. She then remembered what her mom had said. Jenny looked inside her heart and then looked at Marc whose eyes were filled with tears.

Jenny took Marc's hands and kissed them. "I'll love you forever. You have my heart, my soul, and my love. No matter what, we will get thru this ... together." Marc hugged her tightly and whispered "I love you."

At that moment, it felt like there was a huge burden lifted off their shoulders. Both Jenny and Marc thought that maybe love does conquer all.
© Copyright 2004 Sam Stone (nikkihoney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/886706-The-Wedding