*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/887450-But-Now-I-See---Chapter-3
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #887450
Third chapter of a novel about a family caught up in a cult - only the father comes out.
Chapter 3

“OK Wanda, I’m finished!” shouted Pam from the living room. Wanda came out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her, walked down the hallway and sat in the recliner across from Pam. Wanda flipped open her notebook and searched for the pages containing the notes that she had taken just a few minutes earlier. She studied something on one of the sheets and made some additional notes, glancing back and forth between her notes and Pam, like a doctor analyzing a patient.
When she had finished her writing, she quickly closed the notebook, looked up at Pam and said, “OK you’ve made your three lists, right?”

“Yes.”

“And you’ve forgiven those on the first list, and asked God for forgiveness for the things on the other two lists, right?”

“Yes I did.”

“OK, before you leave here you have to understand something. It’s very important that you don’t talk about the details of anything we discussed here today with anyone – not even your husband. Everything that we talked about in this room must stay in this room… understood?

“Sure, no problem” Pam agreed with exhaustion in her voice. She couldn’t quite understand the reason for the secrecy but agreed to it anyway.
Pam grabbed her lists and stood up from the couch. Wanda also stood up and made her way over to Pam with her arms stretched out and they embraced in a hug for several seconds. Wanda released the embrace and stepped back, still holding onto Pam’s arms just below the elbows.

“One last thing Pam” Wanda said with concern on her face. “How does your husband feel about his job?”

“Well” Pam began. “He’s restless. He doesn’t really like the position that he’s in. He’s working for his brother in a computer department and they don’t always see eye-to-eye on how things should be done.”

“Oh, I didn’t know that he worked for his brother” Wanda said, seeming surprised. “Is his brother older or younger than Gary?”

“It’s his younger brother. He’s been working for him for about six months, but he doesn’t like it at all to be honest. Gary came from a management position at his previous job and now he feels like he has taken a step backwards. He went from managing an entire computer department down to an operations position – working for his little brother to top it off. He’s keeping his eyes open for another management job but there aren’t any out there right now.”

“Well, we’ll keep the situation in our prayers” said Wanda as she let go of Pam’s arms. “Tell Gary that I said hi and remind him that his session is this evening.”

“Will do” answered Pam as she made her way outside. She smiled to Wanda and closed the door.

* * *


Gary had just returned home from work when Pam walked in the door.

“Hi honey! How was work?”

“It was awful! I can’t wait to find another job and get out of that place.”

“Just hang in there Gary, things will turn around for you soon” Pam said trying to comfort her husband. “By the way, Wanda said to remind you that your session is this evening.”

* * *


MORE TO COME IN THIS CHAPTER
© Copyright 2004 Mark Taylor (marktaylor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/887450-But-Now-I-See---Chapter-3