*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/890237-To-Love-Again
by kellee
Rated: E · Other · Other · #890237
A dialogue story for a contest
“I feel so ashamed.”

“Why is that baby girl?”

“This is wrong, Adam.”

“I don’t feel like it’s wrong.”

“But it is.”

“I love you, Renee.”

“Please Adam…You are going to make me start crying again.”

“No, no. Don’t start crying again. You just calmed down.”

“I’m sorry.”

“For what? You have nothing to apologize to me for. You’ve done nothing wrong.”

“Says who?”

“Me!”

“But I have done something wrong.”

“Don’t beat yourself up, baby. What’s done is done.”

“You make this sound like a bad choice of hair cuts! This is much more serious than that.”

“Why are you so touchy today? You were absolutely fine with everything the other day. I don’t recall hearing any complaints from you when you were in my bed.”

“Things have changed.”

“Changed? Are you trying to tell me you don’t love me anymore and want out?”

“No, nothing like that.”

“Then how have things changed? What could possibly have happened in two days to…Oh, no. He found out didn’t he?”

“No! Not yet, anyway.”

“Look at me when you talk to me. And stop mumbling. I can’t hear you. Renee, look at me.”

“I can’t.”

“Why?”

“I’m a horrible person.”

“Renee, you’re being too hard on yourself. You’re a grown woman. You can make your own decisions.”

“We shouldn’t have kept quiet all this time. If we would have been upfront from the beginning…”

“You know we couldn’t have told anyone about us at first. You were still going through that nasty divorce and custody battle. Things were just too messy at the time.”

“Johnny is going to hate us. Oooh, and Billy…Billy is going to be so upset!”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Renee. Billy loves me.”

“Billy loves you as Uncle Adam, not his second daddy.”

“Everything will be fine, Renee. Stop stressing over things like this. Everything is going to work itself out.”

“You and Johnny were so close. You were best friends. What is this going to do to your family?”

Were best friends. Not anymore. Not since he started drinking and sleeping around on you. We haven’t been close for a long time.”

“Well, this certainly isn’t going to help matters.”

“I don’t care about that. I don’t care about my family’s reaction. I care about us. You let me handle my brother and family. Let’s you and I focus on this little matter here. Look, if you are still uncomfortable with letting anyone know about us, then we can wait a few more months. I love you. How many times do I have to tell you this tonight? I’m not going anywhere any time soon. I don’t have a problem waiting some more.”

“I love you, too, Adam.”

“I know, baby. Why are you crying again? What’s going on? Is something wrong and you aren’t telling me about it?”

“Johnny wants to sign over parental rights. He wants to move to Florida and start over with no baggage. Billy is baggage!”

“Oh, hell, baby. I am so sorry. My brother can be a real charmer sometimes, huh?”

“Billy is already so confused. And now he’s losing his daddy. How much more is he going to have to go through before I make his life right?”

“He’s losing a loser, Renee. I’m sure he’ll survive. He’s young. He’ll bounce back. Besides, I’m still here.”

“Adam, when you asked me to marry you the other day, were you serious? Don’t laugh at me. Stop laughing.”

“I’m sorry. Of course I was serious. I wouldn’t have asked you if I weren’t serious.”

“You can stop laughing now.”

“I’m sorry. Sooo, how much longer do you want to sit in the car?”

“It’s still raining pretty hard and I have a few more minutes before Billy’s babysitter is expecting me home. When would you want to get married?”

“Are you accepting my offer?”

“Don’t look at me that way, Adam. Adam, NO! Not in front of my house. Sit back down. Get back on your side of the car.”

“As soon as you’d want to. I’d marry you tomorrow if that’s what you wanted. Now see, that’s what I wanted to see. That beautiful smile. I could stare at that smile forever. Okay, so I’m a little confused. Are we getting married, or what?”

“It’s going to cause a lot of uproar. Especially with your mother. Are you willing to chance the possibility of losing her?”

“I won’t lose her. She’ll come around in time. Especially when she finds out about Johnny leaving.”

“There’s going to be a lot of talk going on in this small town.”

“Bring it on.”

“Even if it means no one comes to our wedding?”

“Fair enough. Less money spent on wedding, more spent on honeymoon! Renee, I love you. I feel like I’ve said it a hundred times tonight. I will say it another hundred if that’s what you need to hear right now. I have loved you for years, even before you and Johnny started having problems. I am prepared for anything life wants to throw our way.”

“I’m so glad to hear you say that.”

“You’re crying again.”

“Tears of happiness this time.”

“So what’s the verdict?”

“We’re getting married. On the fourteenth.”

“And Billy?”

“We’ll sit down and try to explain things to him tomorrow night. It’s too late tonight, it’s past his bedtime.”

“Great. It’s settled. In about three weeks, you’ll be my wife, you and Billy can move out of this shack Johnny left you in, Billy will finally get the stable family life he needs and deserves, and before you know it, we will be starting our own family.”

“Sooner than you think.”

“What?”

“Adam, I’m pregnant.”






Entry for:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#631396 by Not Available.




word count: 1015
© Copyright 2004 kellee (keemiemeela at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/890237-To-Love-Again