*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/890991-Panadol-Hmmm
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #890991
A short story. Please give a honest opinion.
Panadol Hmmm….

No one really knew knows the full stories about these events, but it began like this: I was quietly walking to my local supermarket, Mum just gave me two dollars for bread, milk and little something for myself. I thought this was very nice of my mother to let me have the change but I got a huge shock when I found out the cost of the milk it was one dollar and ninety-nine cents, so I gave the man his two dollars and left the shop. The day was a nice spring day, the sun was shinning and the birds were swooping.

I took my time walking home, it took me about thirty minutes to do a ten minute walk. When I got home there was a note on the table “gone out, back soon call me if you need anything, loads of love Mum”. What a nice note I began to thing to myself, my Mum is not normally this nice. I did not think anything of it; I just put the milk in the fridge, sat down and watched some cartoons for a while.

A news flash came on during my cartoons I was watching “Three people, have been arrested today outside the local police station”. I was really not fazed and did not think much of it; I just wanted Rodger rabbit back on. Then the phone rang “ Hi honey could you just come down to the station for a bit”. Nothing was really worrying me I thought she was just drunk but I decided to have some Panadol to help me cope with whatever she had done. I hopped on my bike and began to ride down to the station, when suddenly my jaw clamped down, I don’t remember much after that.

The next time I opened my eyes there was a policeman asking my mother, where her stash was. He began to talk about ecstasy, and then I heard doctors saying stuff about overdosing. Then it hit me so hard I nearly fell off of the bed, The Panadol were not Panadol at all. That’s why Mum was going out so much and was were all the money was coming from. I did not want Mum to know that I knew about this. So I rolled over and set to Mum,
“That’s was strong Panadol, Don’t you think”
She smiled at me.
It has been about three years since that day and Mum has changed heaps, tonight we are going to go for a meal and movie.
Which should be fun.
© Copyright 2004 Brian Jones (jordan_d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/890991-Panadol-Hmmm