*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/891812-Sink-or-Swim
by andrew
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #891812
Sink or Swim refers to the people who have left me behind in my time of need
The berries are extremely sweet this year, they taste of sugar and maple trees. Surely there are no maple trees on the island but it taste as though there are; the sun must be hitting the berries just right to give them their magical flavor. The coconuts fall off the trees on command and split open with the touch of my hand.
The aqua waves crash at your waist, feet, or wherever else you desire. The bamboo makes wonderful music as they swing in the wind and the clouds sparingly show their face allowing our more timid island creatures to hide in their own shadow.
I go to the waters edge everyday too see what has washed ashore in nature's big mailbox. Today I got a special package. It was the body of one of the many who decided not to swim with me on my journey of life. All covered in seaweed but mostly covered in regret; I send this mail return to sender address unknown. Address never known how very sad for them.

© Copyright 2004 andrew (andrew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/891812-Sink-or-Swim