*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892447-What-Happened-To-Us
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #892447
Things just aren't the same anymore. What happened to us?
I think my depth perception is off because i just don't see it like you do. You say we are so close. You say our relationship is still deep. But I don't feel it like you do I suppose I felt it once, but the fireworks aren't there anymore. You don't seem to spark my interest like you once did. You don't light my world any longer.

What happened to us?

I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I am. I feel guilty for leading you on like this, but it just doesn't feel right like it used to. I doesn't feel right to be in your arms, listening to your sweet nothings as I feel like crying. Crying for doing this to you, but I just can't go on like this. You've told me I am the world to you and that makes my heart sad because I don't feel the same way. Why don't I feel the same way? What happened to cause this?

What happened to us?

I remember all the times you would come home with a rose in your hand, a smile on your face and a skip in your step. You would pick me up, twirl me around and I'd laugh. I'd laugh out of joy. Pure joy because I loved it. I loved you. But today when you do that, my hand gets pricked, the laugh is nervous and fake and I cry. I cry tears of guilt for not loving you anymore. Those tears streak down my face, burning my guilty cheeks on the way down. It stings and burns deep, wounding me on the inside out as I feel remorseful about all this. I feel sad for us.

What happened to us?

I can't describe this feeling. This lack of feelings. You used to be the one I ran to when times were hard. But now I run away from you and the times are harder. I'm not sure what came over me to act this way. We must not get along any more. I'm not sure why we are suddenly incompatible; why I feel like I'm repeling away from you. Why do I feel this? I don't want to feel this.

What happened to us?

Why are we so awkward around each other? It didn't used to be that way. Why are we so uncomfortable together? It didn't used to be like that. Why don't I see that twinkle in your eyes anymore? It didn't used to be so dull. Why would I even have to question you and I? It didn't used to come up before. It wasn't a problem yesterday. Why is today different? Why am I different?

What happened to us?

What happened? I'm not positive, but I'm assuming we grew apart. We drifted away. We took different paths down this twisted road of life. We went our separate ways and one of us is hiking up the wrong mountain. I just want to say that I'm sorry for all this and I hope you can forgive me. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but it is. It is and I can't do anything about it. My heart is telling me to go the other way and I have to listen. It's instinctive. So I guess that's what it is.

That's what happened to us.
© Copyright 2004 IamKara (iamkara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892447-What-Happened-To-Us