*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892454-I-Let-You-In
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #892454
I let you in to my life, and I'm glad.
You came up to me one day with a smile on your face, kind words from your heart and a twinkle in your eye. You charmed me and were sweet to me. You were such a gentleman. I loved that about you. I loved how you seemed to care so much for me. I loved how you would open doors for me and ask how I was feeling. I loved everything about you from the start. You impressed me instantly in ways I never knew possible, and that's hard to do. You wowed me; I was in awe of your ways and your antics. You inspired me. No one has ever done that before.

So I let you in.

I let you into my life. I let you into my heart when I swore I never would for anyone. I opened my whole world to you and you could then know everything about me. I told myself to never keep anything from you. I didn't believe in secrets or hiding things. I never hid anything but you did. You did. You hid something from me. Something someone shouldn't hide. Something that the world should know about. I suppose that many people knew about it, but I didn't. I didn't know about it because you never told me. Why didn't you tell me when I would have told you? I tell you everything. But I found out one day. One day when you didn't know I was there. Watching. Listening. I discovered this on my own and now I'm glad I did. I'm glad I know.

I'm glad I let you in.

Why am I glad about this? About this secret of yours? I'll tell you. This secret is nothing disgraceful or bad; its actually glorious and good. It's something that makes me love you even more. This secret comes from within you. It comes from the depths of your throat in ear-tickling waves of sound. It's something so pleasing to hear and it is emitted from your lips in a melodious tone. A harmonious vibe of sound that I could listen to all day. Why didn't you tell me about it sooner? I would have enjoyed being able to listen to your voice earlier. But it's alright, I can do so now. I'm so happy I can do so now.

I'm so happy I let you in.

I walked up to you then, your six foot one frame towering over me. You didn't see me coming so I surprised you by wrapping my arms around your thin waist. I could see you smile as you simply placed your hands on mine, never looking at me directly. You knew it was me and I got the feeling that you were glad it was me. I was glad it was you too. You are the only one I could ever let in. The only one that truly cares for me and understands me. You are the only one that loves me for me. And I love you for you.

I love that I let you in.

I looked around at the beautiful night sky above us as you continued to sing. Singing sweet melodies to the moon. Sweet melodies that floated through the air among the tree branches and gave me the most wonderful tingling sensation I have ever felt. A chill skipped down my spine merrily as I grew hot for you at the same time. I never knew you could have such a dramatic effect on me, taking me from one extreme to the next in a matter of moments. But you did. And I rejoice that you did. A gentle breeze rushed by us, tickling our skin as we overlooked the horizon. That beautiful horizon that had just bid farewell to the sun as it went to sleep for the night. It was so beautiful. Beautiful just like you.

I'm thrilled that I let you in.

I squeeze you a little tighter as you wrap your arms around me protectively. Sheltering me from the world as you shared your amazing gift with me. The gift that comes naturally for few. The gift that you were blessed with. At this moment I feel blessed. I feel blessed to have been able to meet you and get to know you. Blessed to have let you get to know me as well. I see that glimmer in your eye. That glimmer in your eye that tells me you are glad that I found out about this secret of yours. This secret that brings us so close together now. You are glad that we are so close together now.

You are glad that I let you in.
© Copyright 2004 IamKara (iamkara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892454-I-Let-You-In