*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/893852-The-Tale-of-Zak
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #893852
Read the story from the the book series THE WARRIOR MICE OF TIME.
THE TALE OF ZAK By: lman
Goron struck at Timothy. He ducked as the huge lethal axe blade just missed his head. He jumped back and parried another thrust by the huge rat. Timothy was a warrior mouse of the kingdom of Lambark in the great forests of Time. He was taking his friend's son on a training lesson. His first of many before he could become a warrior mouse. His name was Zak. He was the son of the leader of The Warrior Mice Of Time.
Zak had always dreamed of becoming a warrior mouse like his father and his father's best friend Timothy.The Warrior mice of Time Roam the lands defending villages from the evil hand of fate which was Goron the Deadly a dangerous rat that ruled a huge castle just outside of the forests of Time. Zak had felt so big and strong when he was chosen to be trained in the ways of the WMOT (Warrior Mice Of Time) But right now as he cringed in the corner of the dark erie stone hallway of an abandoned castle watching Timothy The Warrior Mouse being attacked viciously by the evil rat warlord he cried, wishing to be back home with his mother, where he felt safe.
Timothy deflected a thrust by the rats battle axe and then he stabbed inward at Goron but he deflected it to the side easilly and struck back knicking Timothy's arm cutting right thru his blue tunic sleeve. Timothy just shrugged the pain away and went right back in to the fight parrying and thrusting stabbing and jabbing. The two warriors circled each other both looking for a chance to get a stab at the other. Goron took another huge swipe at Timothy's head but Timothy was to quick. Timothy ducked and spun around and struck out hard catching Goron in the leg. Goron yelled in pain but stayed standing.He tried to thrust but Timothy swiped under Goron's battle axe and struck upwards sending it flying out of Goron's hands and straight for Zak. "ZAK MOVE!!" Yelled Timothy to the oblivious little mouse. Zak at that split second saw the axe headed for him and leapt away from it, it just missing his scraggly little tail. Goron's Battle axe thudded into the stone wall behind the two warriors. Timothy had his sword pointing at Goron's neck in a flash and Goron stood rigid.
Timothy held the sword steady and ready for anything, his warrior trained senses attune to Goron's every movement. As Goron took a step back towards his battle axe stuck fast into the anchient stone wall Timothy said, stepping with him the sword still at the rat's neck: "Tell me why i shouldn't kill you right now! Right now for all the things you've done to all the poor creatures you've heartlessly murdered! Give me a reason Goron! How does it feel to be powerless? To know that with one movement i could kill you so easially?" Goron had fear in his eyes, they were wide. He was surprised to be in this situation being beat by his enemy. He answered as he backed up further coming in closer to his battle axe. "Please warrior! Don't kill me! I am so sorry for what I've done! My brother is the one that makes me do it! He runs eveything and orders me to do things or he'll kill me! Please warrior mouse spare my life!!!" Lied Goron in a very convincing way. But Timothy wasn't fooled. He kept the sword point at Gorons throat.
Suddenly from the wall behind Timothy Zak yelled, "Timothy! watch out he's gonna grab is' axe!" Goron reached behind and pulled on the axe. It wouldn't budge. He turned away from Timothy and pulled hard trying to free the battle axe. Timthy put his sword in his sheath and turned away from Goron and motioned Zak to run. And he followed calling after Goron who was yelling at the pair through grunts and groans. "I spare your life this time Goron. But the next time we meet you will pay dearly for your crimes!" Goron screamed back, "Come back here cowards!! I'll finish you here! You'll never kill me mouse!! Timothy ignored the ranting and raving of the rat and he and Zak made it out of the castle alive.
"Well young one, there was your first lesson, never trust broken down mysterious castles you never know what things you will find. Come on Zak let's keep moving. We've got a long ways ahead of us!"............
© Copyright 2004 L.Petersen (soupman81 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/893852-The-Tale-of-Zak