*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/894327-The-Whole-Dirty-Truth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Teen · #894327
A simple short story about making decisions and truth.
Author’s notes: This is my first entry and I know it will need some improving. I’ll edit it and do some editing when I get a chance. Hope you like it!

If the point of time should ever pause,

Would you be there to hold me back from the walls of time?

To dance with me when the music has stopped?

To keep me safe when terror reigns?

To hold me tight when everything falls apart?

But the whole dirty truth is that I don’t love you,

You don’t need to hold me back from the walls of time,

To dance with me when the music has stopped,

To keep me safe when terror reigns,

To hold me tight when everything falls apart.

She finished the poem, silently looking down into the audience for approval. “I know it doesn’t rhyme. Dammit, can’t you ever approve of me!” The stuffed animals from her dim childhood stared blankly back at her. “Shit. I’m talking to stuffed animals. Stuffed animals! I’ve gotta get out of this town.”
“Regina, are you done contemplating your IQ, while pressuring yourself into setting up an audience that will only respond with blank stares and unchanging faces?” Brent
walked up the stairs to her bedroom. Regina hated his dry humor.
She giggled. “You know me all too well." 'All too well.' She thought. "IQ?”
"I'm talking about your 'Insanity Quotient'" He leaned down to kiss her. "God i missed you."
"Um, me too." Regina faked a smile and thought to herself, 'Is he who I really want?'
© Copyright 2004 Girly-Girl Franky (franky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/894327-The-Whole-Dirty-Truth