*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/895167-To-Free-the-Shackled-Mind
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Cultural · #895167
This is my first completed poem-story, that I wrote just last night. I hope you like it!
His name is Fenrir. He is, without a doubt, the most powerful wolf in the history of the known universe. The only wolf that could take on Odin, & hope to win. He has been shackled for many aeons. Shackled by nothing. Shackled by everything.

He has grown patient, over the centuries. He knows He has all the time in the world to get free. Little does He realize that His chains are only in His mind. These shackles of the mind are the only kind that could hold up against His awesome might. So long as He believes they hold, they shall.

It is a sad thing to see, Him there held back by nothing but Himself. You wish to free Him, no matter that the cost would be the beginning of the Final War of all known existence.

Do not think that Fenrir would be all that grateful that you set Him free, however. He is, & has always been, a very proud Wolf God. If He knew that He had to be freed by another, no matter their intentions, that pride would be sorely hurt, with anger & hate inevitably following. It would show that there is, indeed, something that He could not do, & that is something that He cannot readily accept.

You must show Him the path to His own freedom, without letting Him know that you are doing so. It can only be through indirect means that He can truly become free, though it take millenia to get Him to see freedom's path. When He finally does break the shackles that exist only in His mind, He will be all the stronger for it.

Ragnarak will begin at Fenrir's joyful, hateful howl of freedom. The End Times of the Gods will come from His fangs, & His claws. For no one will shackle this wolf, ever again.

Just let them try!
© Copyright 2004 LordFallenDragon (obsidian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/895167-To-Free-the-Shackled-Mind