*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/896068-Why-I-wanted-to-be-a-writer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Abdo
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #896068
The reason, why I wanted to be a writer.
When I was a child I used to get get confused when somebody ask me:"What do you wanna be when you grow up?".It was the most confusing, and the most frequent question I used to have.
Why?I'll tell you why.Because I wanted to be a doctor who helps ill people,and,in the same time I wanted to be an engineer,and I wanted to be a ship captain,to go everywhere on earth and to visit every country.I also wanted to be a pilot,to fly high in the sky and look at the world from up there.I wanted to be a soldier who defends his country and risks his life for it.I wanted to be a computer programmar,to create programs on the computer.I wanted to be an actor,a singer,I wanted to be an explorer,To go and make adventures, from the jungles of Africa,to the The freezing lands of Antarctica. And you know what I chose to be?
I chose to be a writer.With my imagination I can be more than whatever I dreamed to be.I can travel in the lands of dwarfs and elves,I can fight the mighty dragons and evil sprits and bloodthirsty pirates.I can be the world's most succesful doctor or the most beloved popstar.I can fight the hackers and can sail to any place in the world.I can fight the aliens who want to get my brains out of my head, Or make adventures in the hot jungles of Africa, and escape from barbarien tribes all they care for is cutting my head off.I can dream with fairies,and live in a fairyland.I can chase some drug smugglers or the Mafia itself.I can run away from hungry cannibals and scary ghost and frightening zombies.And the best thing of all, I can do all of these things while I'm sitting on my desk, my pen in my hand, and a very large pile of papers on my desk!
© Copyright 2004 Abdo (wabdelrahman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/896068-Why-I-wanted-to-be-a-writer