*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/898000-Webs
by spidey
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #898000
Micro-fiction horror story.
** Image ID #841973 Unavailable **


My heart pounded wildly in my chest, as I darted into the closet, and pulled the door shut quietly behind me. Adrenalin rushed through my body, and my head began to pound. Looking around in the dark closet, I could see very little, but my imagination was racing and vivid images of horror passed before my eyes. I tried to remember how I got here.

My mind tried desperately to piece together the events of the night, but failed miserably. I tried to focus, yet I kept coming back to an image I saw this morning. I was out in the garden, walking peacefully among my roses when I spotted an intricate spider web in the leaves. I leaned in closer for a better look when I spotted a ladybug, caught in the web. Just as I spotted the helpless insect, a black spider slowly made its way across the delicate-looking web. As the spider crept closer to the insect, I couldn’t help pondering whether I should save the insect, or help the spider.

That image of the spider devouring the helpless ladybug danced in front of my eyes in the almost complete darkness of the closet. I could feel my heart rate begin to slow, as I became mesmerized by the thought of it. Suddenly, I heard footsteps, and just as my eyes began to adjust to the dim light seeping through the crack below the door, I was blinded by the light coming from the hall. He opened the door with such a force, that I was knocked off balance in surprise.

“I found you!” he growled, and I cowered in the corner, helpless in his trap.



WC: 276





Written for
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#844190 by Not Available.



© Copyright 2004 spidey (spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/898000-Webs