*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/898504-Like-on-Real-Life
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #898504
For Greg and Ernie life is a little more easier when it's in third person.
Like on Real Life


          “I thought bears were peaceful” cried Greg, “you know like on Winnie the Pooh.”

         “Well, if you would have felt it alone then, yeah” Ernie quickly said and gave a nod of disapproval.

         “Look at me, I’m mummified, it’s all going to be terrible!” sobbed Greg. "I’ll end up living a life like Tom Cruise did on Vanilla Sky, alone! I’ll be frozen and live my life in a dream. Wait, maybe this is all fake, you all aren’t pulling a hocus-pocus trick on me like on the Truman Show? This isn’t real! Tell me it isn’t real Ernie!" Greg curled up on the paper covered bed and picked at his bandages trying desperately to fade back to reality. He made a moaning sound, and just as he laid on the foam bed the sun broke through the clouds and the hard waxed floor glistened.

         “Try to be positive. You’re right! You are mummified, and Halloween is approaching. You can be a mummy like on Goosebumps, where that real mummy walks around and gets all these candies.” Wide-eyed Ernie said with enthusiasm.

         “Ah, boogers . . .” Greg exhaustedly grunted. Then he struggled to take a deep breath, and dozed off into a deep, heavy, sleep.
© Copyright 2004 Universed (universed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/898504-Like-on-Real-Life