*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/899521-The-Killer-In-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #899521
Dwayne Johnson: actor by day, Serial killer by night. Can Michelle Richards save him?
Chapter One: The Discovery


Det. Michelle Richards knew what she was facing when she arrived at the crime scene. An up and coming actress found dead. Her throat slashed from ear to ear and a tape by her side. "Romeo" had struck again. For weeks, Michelle has been on the case trying to find him. Each tape different from the others, but the message was the same: Romeo would not be satisfied until he found his Juliet. Then would all the killing stop. Michelle's only hope that she would catch him before he killed again, and that was becoming virtually impossible.

Dwayne Johnson arrived to his Malibu home, covered in blood. He walked quickly inside and took the bloodied clothes off. He carefully put them in a bag. He got in the shower to wash the blood off his body. Then he got out of the shower and dried off. He wrapped the towel around his body and looked at himself in the mirror. He was looking at himself, but as he began to speak, his voice was totally different.

"As usual, another stupid actress who just wants you to help them with their career. Why do you continually surround yourself with women like her? You're never going to find her." Romeo spoke.

"Look, I wished you just go away. You're making my life hell. It wasn't enough that you killed my wife. You just had to kill all those other women." Dwayne said.

"Yes, because they were weak and pathetic. You need someone worthy of us. Dany wasn't worthy of us."

"Dany was worthy of me. She had my little girl. She meant everything to me!" Dwayne yelled.

"Well, if she meant so much to you, then why didn't you save her? Why did you lie to the police? You forgot Dwayne, I am the reason why Dany is dead. I am a part of you. I am you. Remember that. I am the rage, the hate, and the violence that is within you. I told you that you would never be normal. Your life is now mine, and I will continue to control your life until such a time I am happy. You will never be happy, Dwayne. Never."


Michelle was back the precinct going over the file on the "Romeo" killings. She was trying to avoid all the press, because she had nothing to say. She had no leads on the case. Just speculation. Her partner, Gerald Burke, walked past her desk and sat at his. He knew exactly what was on her mind. She so desperately wanted to solve these murders, and it was slowly taking over her life.


"Michelle, I was going out for some take-out. Do you want anything?" Gerald asked.

"No, I'm not hungry. After seeing what I have been seeing, you lose your appetite. You go on. I'll be fine." Michelle said, not looking up.

"Michelle, you going to wind up losing yourself in this case. There will be a lead. I am sure of it."
"Gerald, these women didn't deserve to die."

"I know this, Michelle. Justice will be served."

"Has anyone called Dwayne Johnson in for questioning? There seem to be a link between him and the victims. I think Romeo has an obsession with him."

"No, I figured you did, by now. Maybe it's time to talk to him. Since all the victims were in his movies or linked to him in some way, we need to know if this wacko is after Dwayne, too."


Suddenly Michelle's phone rings. She looks at Gerald wondering who would be calling her. She would find out soon enough.


"Hello?" Michelle said, answering her phone.

"Well, it's great to finally talk to you, Michelle Richards." Romeo spoke seductively.

"Who is this?"

"Whatever you want to call me, but for now, just call me Romeo."

"Romeo, it's finally good to meet you. We need to talk."

"Oh, I know. We definitely need to talk. Did you get my tape?"

"Yes, I did. You said nothing new."

"Well, I wanted to be sure that you know what I am after."

"And what would that be?"

"The love of my life, my Juliet."

"Well, you'll never find her by killing."

"Those women were not worthy of me."

"What is your facination with Dwayne Johnson?"

"Who said that you can ask the questions? I ask the questions, but just so you know, Dwayne and I are close. He just doesn't know how close we are. Dwayne will learn that he can not mess with love. That's for me to do. Look Michelle, I know you want to find me, but you can't. Don't try. The only thing you can do is protect Dwayne. He's going to need it. His life is mine now."

Suddenly the line went dead. Michelle was hoping the trace went through. She can catch Romeo and go home to her life.

"The call came from a pay phone in Santa Barbara. We sent officers out there to check it out. We may have gotten him this time. He slipped up." Lt. Jim Kiley, Michelle's boss, said.

"No, he didn't slip up. He was using a random dialer. The man is smart. He knew what he was doing. I need Dwayne Johnson in here. Tell him his life is in danger." Michelle said.


"I found someone to save you. I found someone to give you your life back. Her name is Michelle Richards." Romeo said, sneering in the mirror.



Chapter Two: Obsession


Dwayne drove to the precinct the next morning to be questioned by the police. He knew this day was coming because Romeo made it happen. As Dwayne walked in, he saw Michelle sitting at her desk. He couldn't believe how beautiful she was. With milk chocolate skin, beautiful brown eyes, and long reddish brown hair, he couldn't believe she was the toughest detective in the homicide division. He stopped in front of her desk. This was going to be an interesting session.

"Excuse me, are you Det. Michelle Richards?" Dwayne asked calmly.

"Yes, I am. How can I help you?" Michelle said looking up.

"I understand you need to talk to me." Dwayne said.

"Yes, I do. Please have a seat, Mr. Johnson." Michelle said, pointing at the chair near her desk.

"It is a tragedy that those women died." Dwayne said sadly.

"I know. I believe the person who killed these women is obsessed with you." Michelle said.

"How did you come to that conclusion?"

"He called me last night, and we had a very interesting conversation."

"The killer called you last night?"

"Yes, he did. I believe he maybe some crazed fan. He keeps talking about finding the love of your life and something about your life is his. He's very obsessed with you. I think it's best you go under protective custody till we find this guy. Do you have any idea who this wacko could be?"

"I have no idea, but I don't think I need protection."

"Well, I am sure this guy will try to do something to you. You need some kind of protection. Do you have a bodyguard?"

"No, I don't. Look, I am a wrestler for the WWE as well as an actor. I believe I can handle myself."

"Mr. Johnson, this is not Madison Square Garden, and this guy isn't Triple H. He will hurt you."

Michelle took out the crime scene pictures and showed them to Dwayne. She wanted him to see what this guy was capable of.

"Do you see these? This guy will hurt you. He will kill you. You need someone watching your back."

"OK, if I decide to go into protective custody, will there be a cop at my door every day and night? Will they follow me to every appearance I have to make? I don't think you have the man power."

"If that's what it takes. It needs to be done. Mr. Johnson, I'm afraid you might not have any other choice."


Michelle got up and walked towards Lt. Kiley's office. She needed to talk to him.

"Lt, you got a minute?" Michelle asked as peeked her head in the door.

"Yeah, come on in, Chelli. What's going on? Is that Dwayne Johnson I see at your desk?" Lt. Kiley asked.

"Yeah, it is. I recommended protective custody. I think we need 24 hour surveillance on him."

"That's a wonderful idea, Chelli, but who's going to do it?"

"I am, with your permission."

"Michelle, you are my best cop. You're needed here."

"I know, but I need to be on the inside, if I plan on finding this wacko."

"Michelle, why do you make things so difficult for me?"

"Because I'm the best you got, and you can't afford to lose me."

"That is true. OK, you got your protective custody. I am giving two weeks to find Romeo. After that, I'm pulling you out. No questions asked. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I do. Thanks, Lt."


Michelle walked back to her desk. Dwayne was patiently waiting.

"I'm sorry about that, Mr. Johnson. I had to speak to my superior. This is the deal. I will be staying with you undercover to catch this killer. Your job is to act as normal as you can. Change nothing about your schedule. I will be with you." Michelle spoke.

"For how long?" Dwayne asked.

"Two weeks. After that, I am out. Do we have a deal?"

"Do I have much of a choice?"

"Not in this case, you don't."

"I guess we have a deal."

"I will be by this evening with my things."

"I will see you then."


Dwayne got up and shook Michelle's hand. He never felt skin so soft in his life. Suddenly, his manhood came alive. He wanted her. He wanted her in the worst way. He made his way to the car and got in. Suddenly, Romeo came out.

"She's definitely the one. I'm horny just thinking about her." Romeo spoke.

"She is beautiful. I will say that much." Dwayne said.

"Yes, and you must take her. I have to taste her. I can just imagine her juices flowing on my tongue." Romeo said with Dwayne's tongue coming out.


Dwayne made his way back to his home. He walked in. His manhood still throbbing at the thought of Michelle. He walked in his bedroom and got naked. He slowly began stroking his cock. It was so hard. He needed release. Dwayne closed his eyes and saw Michelle sitting on top of him. She was riding hard and into a frenzy. He heard her yell his name. His thrusts meeting hers. He flipped her on her back and guided himself inside of her. She grabbed him close and held on tightly.

"Fuck me, Dwayne. Fuck me hard." Michelle said breathlessly.

Dwayne grabbed her hips. His thrusts were hard and deep. Michelle cried out in sheer ecstasy. Dwayne couldn't control himself. He slowly felt himself coming to a boil, and suddenly he exploded. Dwayne opened his eyes. He was shaking. He couldn't believe how real that felt. He wanted more. His need for her became an obsession. Dwayne wanted her at all cost, and he planned on making that dream a reality.



Chapter 3: Show Me

Michelle slowly made her way to Dwayne’s house. For her, it had been a long time since she was in the same house with a man. Since her divorce from Terrance, she had thrown herself into her work. There was no time for dating or no time for a social life. Her life was the force. She worked hard for her promotion to become lead detective for the Homicide division, and she was going to make sure that she earned it every day. Then the Romeo case fell in her lap, and suddenly it became her life. Now, she had to protect someone from getting hurt. Dwayne Johnson was now her charge, and she was going to protect him at all costs.

Dwayne peered out of his window and watched Michelle get out of her car. He watched her every move. He knew Romeo wanted her, but he wanted her, too. He wanted to protect her, but he wanted to protect his secret. He didn’t want her to know who Romeo really is. He couldn’t take that chance. He walked downstairs to open the door for her. For the first time since Dany died, there was to be a woman in the house.

“Good evening, Dwayne.” Michelle said as she walked in the house.

“Good evening, Det. Richards.” Dwayne said closing the door.

“Please, call me Michelle. That will be important. We don’t want to tip anyone one off. That could put you in greater danger.”

“How do you know this guy will even come after me? How do we know the extent of his obsession?”
“Dwayne, you didn’t talk to him last night. He is definitely obsessed with you. People like that will kill you and the people around you. They want you. That’s all they want. I’ve been a homicide detective for five years. I know how a serial killer thinks. He will eventually come after you. It’s just a matter of time.”
“So how will this protective custody work?”
“ I will be your temporary personal assistant. Everywhere you go, I go. Your appearances will continue as scheduled. I will contact your personal assistant and ask them to give me a copy of your schedule. I will stay here just as a precaution. It’s important to me that you feel safe.”
“OK, I will call Jenna for a copy of my appearance schedule and give her a vacation. My life is in your hands. Let me show you your room.”
Michelle followed Dwayne into the huge guest room he had. She was very impressed with him. She read up on him so she would have an idea of whom he is. What she couldn’t get over was how incredibly sexy he was. She seen pictures of him, but she wasn’t expecting him to be so gorgeous. She shook her head. She had a job to do. She couldn’t be fantasizing about the man she’s here to protect. She put her suitcase down and began to unpack.
Dwayne walked back to his room. The very idea that a woman as beautiful as Michelle was in his house. He couldn’t get over the perfume she was wearing. The way her ponytail highlighted her face. Everything about her intrigued Dwayne. The last time he felt like this was when he met Dany for the first time, but now Romeo was apart of his life. There was just no way around that.
Michelle settled into her silk pajamas and opened her briefcase. She took out the Romeo case file and began looking over the evidence again. She felt she was missing something. There had to be something that was overlooked. Dwayne stood at her door. He was wearing is pajama pants with no shirt. Michelle looked up and saw Dwayne. Her heart stopped when she gazed upon his body. She had never seen a chest like his, but she held her composure.
“So what are you reading?” Dwayne asked.
“I’m looking over the case. I’m hoping to find something that would give me a clue as to who this guy is. So far, I haven’t found a smoking gun.” Michelle said.
“I was going downstairs to get something to eat. Are you OK? Do you need anything?” Dwayne asked.
“I’m fine. I was going to sleep after I read this.” Michelle said.
“Well, I’ll see you in the morning. Good night, Detective.”
“Good night.”
Michelle closed the file folder and settled in under the covers. She turned off the lights and closed her eyes. Sleep was too inviting. As she slowly drifted off to sleep, she began to dream.
“Welcome to paradise, my love.”
The water felt good on her warm skin. His hands felt strong and assure. His skin, smooth as silk. She gazed into his inviting brown eyes. Nothing mattered but this moment in time. She was happy for the first time. She was with him.
“Dwayne, I don’t want this to end.”
“And it won’t, Michelle. We could stay here forever.”
He kissed her with such a passion that ignited her soul. Dwayne began to sing in her ear.
“You got to let me know just how far to let this go, help me. Darling, please show me. You got to take my hand. Show me that you’ll understand. Show me.” Dwayne sang.
“Howard Hewitt. I know that song. It’s one of my favorites.”
“I’m glad. It’s one of my favorites, too.”
Dwayne continued to sing the song. Michelle was captivated by his voice. Then Dwayne kissed her again. Michelle slowly surrendered to him. Suddenly, Michelle woke up to her cell phone ringing. She was a little disappointed that the dream ended, but it she knew she had to answer it.
“Hello?” Michelle said, groggily.
“Michelle, it’s Gerald. It’s important. Wake up.” Gerald said.
“What’s going on?” Michelle asked.
“I did some background on Dwayne Johnson. You do know he has a daughter?”
“Yes, I did.”
“Did you know about his wife, Dany?”
“I think so. Why?”
“Romeo killed her. Romeo killed Dany Johnson.”
Michelle sat up in shock. She looked towards the door. A feeling of dread swept over her. She knew in time that Dwayne would be next.
“Gerald, I want you to find all that you can on Dany’s death. I mean talk to the investigating detective, her family, and their friends. I want to know everything. Don’t skim on any details.” Michelle said.
“OK, I will get right on it. What are you going to do?” Gerald asked.
“Dwayne is going on an extended vacation. Time to move him out of the limelight for awhile, or his blood will be on my hands.”



Chapter 4: Vacation in Big Bear Part 1


Michelle sat in bed for what seemed like forever. She didn't realize the extent of Romeo's obsession with Dwayne. Michelle got up and opened the door. She knew it was late, but she needed to talk to Dwayne about Dany. She slowly crept down the hall to Dwayne's room. She knocked lightly and opened the door. As she looked in on Dwayne, she saw him in a perfect sleep. She wondered what he was dreaming about. Suddenly she heard him say her name.
"Michelle."
She began to turn around and go out, but Dwayne sat up and called out to her.
"Michelle, are you ok?" Dwayne asked.
"I'm fine. Just that I wanted to talk to you, but you're sleeping. I'm sorry to disturb you." Michelle said.
"It's ok. Please come in." Dwayne said.
"OK." Michelle said sitting on the edge of the bed.
"I have a confession to make. I was thinking of you. In fact, I was dreaming of you."
"Really? Why?"
"Well, it's been awhile since there's been a woman in the house. Dany..."
"I know about Dany. My partner called me earlier and told me about it. It must have been difficult for you."
"It was. Simone's growing up with out her mother. I'm missing a wife. So, yes it is."
"What happened, Dwayne?"
Dwayne knew this question was coming, and he knew the real truth. His answer had been always the same.
"I don't know." Dwayne spoke.
"My partner and I think that Romeo was behind it. He's going to investigate further." Michelle said.
"Michelle, why are you so determined to protect me?"
"Because it's my job. It's what I do."
Dwayne moved closer to Michelle. He wanted to touch her, to hold her in his arms. He felt a connection with her. Something he's never felt in a long time.
"Dwayne, I'm going to recommend that you go on a vacation for awhile. I think it would be better if you were out of the limelight for awhile." Michelle said.
"You think Romeo is going to kill me?" Dwayne asked.
"I don't know, but I'm not willing to take that chance."
Michelle looked into Dwayne's eyes. She could feel the attraction to him. She went back in her mind to the dream she had. She remembered how close she was to him, his touch, his caress, and his kiss. She wanted to feel it again for real.
"Michelle, are you OK?" Dwayne asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I think I'm going to go back to bed." Michelle said getting up.
Dwayne grabbed her arm and pulled her in for a kiss. It was deep and passionate. Michelle looked at Dwayne. Though she wanted him to kiss her, she didn't want to lose sight of what she had to do.
"Dwayne, this can't happen. Not now." Michelle said.
"Why not? Tell me you don't want me to kiss you, and I won't. But I know you can't say that, because you want to kiss me, too." Dwayne said.
"Dwayne, I can't. I can't...This isn't right...Oh God, how I want you." Michelle said as Dwayne began to kiss her again.
Dwayne pulled Michelle in an embrace and brought her close to him. His tongue exploring her mouth feverishly. As they looked at each other, they knew the inevitable. They kissed again as they slowly surrendered to one another.
Michelle opened her eyes to the new day. She looked up to find herself in bed with Dwayne's arms around her.
"Good morning, sleepy head." Dwayne said.
"Good morning. How long have you been up?" Michelle asked.
"For awhile. I was making phone calls." Dwayne said.
"Really?"
"Yeah, I made arrangements to go to my friend's cabin in Big Bear. It's secluded and quiet. So no one will disturb us. I hope that's OK."
"Yeah, that's fine." Michelle said getting up.
"I figure we can leave today."
"That's fine."
"Great, then it's settled."
"Yeah, I'll go and start packing."
Michelle walked out of the room and went down to the guest room and began to pack. Dwayne went in his bathroom and looked himself in the mirror. Romeo began to surface.
"Well Dwayne, I told you she was the one." Romeo spoke.
"Yes, you did. Now, you can go back in." Dwayne said.
"You think I picked her out for you? No, I picked her out for me. She's mine, Dwayne."
"No, you can't have her. You will never have her."
"You keep forgetting who I am. I always get what I want."
"Well, you won't get her."
"We'll see, Dwayne. We will see."


Gerald arrived in Miami and was greeted by Det. Ricardo Munoz of the Miami Police Department. Gerald was there to investigate Dany Johnson's death.
"Det. Burke, I'm Det. Munoz, lead detective on the Dany Johnson case. Welcome to Miami." Ricardo spoke shaking Gerald's hand.
"Thank you." Gerald said.
"I hope your flight was enjoyable."
"It was. Thank you for letting me come. I'm helping my partner solve this case. So I need all the help I can get. Tell me about Dany Johnson."
"She was a loving wife and mom. She was very devoted to Dwayne, and Dwayne loved her. The night of the murder, Dwayne was very distraught. He was holding her in his lap, crying uncontrollably."
"How did you exclude him as a suspect?"
"Well, he had an airtight alibi."
"Was there any problems in the marriage?"
"None from what we found out. We talked to family, friends, and associates. Everyone we talked to said that their marriage was perfect."
As they reached Ricardo's car, Gerald thought there was something missing. Dwayne sounded too perfect. Maybe there was trouble in the marriage, and that this was a murder for hire. That would mean that the "Romeo" theory would be thrown out. Whatever he found out, he knew that Michelle was in danger, and his name wasn't Romeo, it was Dwayne Johnson.


Dwayne drove down the winding driveway to the cabin. He was so ready for this vacation, but he knew it was for his own good, but it gave him a great chance to be with Michelle. Michelle's mind wandered the whole way to Big Bear. She thought about the night before and the case. As the truck came to a stop, she looked over at Dwayne and smiled. Maybe this was a chance for her to find love again.
They got out and grabbed their luggage. Dwayne found the key hidden in the flower pot, and unlocked the door.





Chapter 5: Vacation in Big Bear Part 2


Michelle opened her eyes. She looked around thinking she heard his voice. A sudden chill went down her spine as she heard that all too familiar voice again. It had to be him. It had to be Romeo. She looked over to find Dwayne gone. She called out to him, but he didn't answer. She slowly got of bed and reached for her gun. She walked towards the door and called for Dwayne again. There was still no answer. She heard that laugh. She walked towards the living room hoping to find Dwayne.

" I know you're here, Romeo. Show yourself." Michelle called out.

"What are you going to do? Arrest me? Shoot me? You have to find me first, Michelle." Romeo said seductively.

"Look, just tell me where Dwayne is, and I will let you live to see another day." Michelle said.

"Dwayne's fine. He's not going anywhere. I told you his life is mines. We are forever connected." Romeo spoke.

"I'll make you a deal, you let him go, and I'll let you go free to find your 'Juliet'."

"I already found my 'Juliet', and she's you, Michelle."

"Why me?"

"Because you can save Dwayne and I."

"How can I save your life, Romeo?"

"That's for you to figure it out."

Suddenly Dwayne calls out for Michelle and the door slams. Romeo disappears. Michelle runs to the kitchen, and Dwayne is lying on the floor.

"Are you OK?" Michelle asks.

"Yeah, he got me pretty good." Dwayne responded weakly.

"How did he know where you were?"

"That I don't know. You OK?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's get you to the room."


Gerald had been in Miami for two weeks now. He had been doing his own investigating into the Dany Johnson murder and has come up empty. Today, he was interviewing Ata Johnson, Dwayne's mother. He was hoping she had some insight as to what was going on.

"I appreciate you meeting me today." Gerald said.

"It's no problem. What can I do for you, Det. Burke?" Ata asked.

"I'm investigating a series of murders in L.A., and they all have a connection to your son, Dwayne." Gerald said.

"Dwayne's involved? How?" Ata asked.

"He's not involved, per se. It's just that all the women that were killed were connected to him in some way."

"Oh, my God! Is he alright?"

"Yes, ma'am. We have him under protective custody. My partner, Michelle Richards is with him right now."

"Grandma!" A very mature sounding voice yelled.

"I'm in here, Simone."

"Simone?"

"Yes, that's Dwayne's and Dany's daughter. She's been staying with me for the last two years."

"Why is she not with Dwayne?"

"I don't know. She just called me one night, crying saying she wanted to come and live with me. She didn't say why. She hasn't really talked about it for the last two years."

Simone walked in looking a typical eight year old girl. She was extremely smart, but kept to herself. She held a secret that not even her grandmother knew about, and she wasn't about to tell it to no one.

"Grandma, I was going to Natalia's house for awhile. Is that OK?" Simone asked.

"Sure, sweetie. Simone, this is Det. Gerald Burke. He's from L.A." Ata said introducing Gerald to Simone.

"How are you, Simone?" Gerald asked.

"I'm fine." Simone said, sweetly.

"I want you home in two hours for dinner. OK?" Ata said to Simone.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Have a good time."

Simone walked away and stood in the kitchen to overhear the conversation between Ata and Gerald. It had to be about her dad.

"So, Mrs. Johnson, did Dwayne and Dany have any problems?" Gerald asked.

"No, they didn't. They were a loving couple. As far as I know, there weren't any problems." Ata responded.

Simone knew differently. Her father suffered from a multiple personality disorder. She knew of this because of the bizzare behavior he was exhibiting, and the fact that he was seeing a therapist. She saw his second personality one time when she went to a session with him. He called himself, "Romeo". He was very crazed and violent, and would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. For awhile, Simone could distinguished from her dad and Romeo, until the night "Romeo" tried to strangle her. The night she knew her dad was a danger to himself. Simone promised her dad to never tell anyone, but if "Romeo" had anything to do with the killing of her mother, she had to tell it.

"I know who killed my mother. It was 'Romeo', and 'Romeo' is my father's multiple personality."
Simone said.


Michelle was enjoying the outdoors, when she heard a phone ring. It was hers, and Gerald was on the other line. Dwayne answered it.

"I need to speak to Michelle, Dwayne, or should I say 'Romeo'?" Gerald asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Dwayne spoke.

"I know who you are, Romeo. Your daughter told me everything. You're going down, Dwayne. Now let me talk to Michelle." Gerald demanded.

"I'm sorry, there's no Kimberly here. You have the wrong number." Dwayne spoke before he hung up the phone.

"Honey, who was that?" Michelle asked.

"It was a wrong number. Look, I have to go back to Malibu for a few hours. I have to take care of some business. Is that OK with you?" Dwayne asked.

"You don't want me to go with you?" Michelle asked.

"I won't be long. I promise. I'll be back before you know it, and I'll even bring my cell phone with me." Dwayne said assuringly.

"OK, just promise me you'll be careful."

"I will. I promise."

Dwayne kissed Michelle passionately and walked out of the door. Romeo had a job to do. Dwayne picked up his phone and dialed the number to his mom's. He had to know what Simone told Det. Burke.

"Hello?" Ata answered.

"Mom, what did Simone say to Det. Burke?" Dwayne asked demandingly.

"Dwayne, why did you tell me Romeo was back?" Ata asked.

"Mom, I had him under control. He just showed up one day." Dwayne said sadly.

"Dwayne, what are you going to do?" Ata asked.

"Mother, I don't know. Just know that Dwayne is going away for a long time. You have a new son now." Romeo spoke seductively.

"Oh, my God! Let me talk to Dwayne, Romeo. Please, just let me talk to him." Ata pleaded.

"I'm sorry, mother, but Dwayne is no longer here. He's gone."

Det. Burke came back to his apartment from Miami trying to contemplate how to tell Michelle what he knew. Romeo had been under her nose, and she didn't know. Now, he had the dubious honor of telling her, and he just didn't know how. Gerald took off his jacket, and walked into his bedroom. He got undressed, and wrapped a towel around him. He was going to shower, change, and make his way to Michelle. He knew he had to do before Dwayne filled her head with lies. Suddenly, Gerald was hit over the head. As Gerald fell to the ground, Dwayne was standing over his body, smiling, holding a pipe.

Gerald slowly came to, but he was groggy. He found himself tied to a chair, gagged. He focused his eyes on Dwayne, who was holding a knife. Gerald tried to get loose, but couldn't. Dwayne laughed with glee, knowing that Gerald couldn't get free. He got up, and walked to over to Gerald.

"You think that telling Michelle my secret will turn her against me? She's in love with Dwayne, but she really is in love with me, Romeo. I can feel it everytime she touches me. Dwayne is no longer here. I told him I would have his life, and I do. There's nothing you can do about it, but you will do something for me. You will die this night, Det. Burke. You will no longer exist. You will be a distant memory to Michelle. I will be the only one in her life. The only one!" Romeo said.

Romeo came behind Gerald and put the knife to Gerald's throat, and with one smooth motion, slit his throat. Romeo walked in front of him and watched Gerald slowly die. Romeo noticed that he had a hard on, and went to the bathroom. Thoughts of Michelle running through his head, he came to a sweet climax, and let his love juice flow in the toilet. He flushed the toilet with the gloves he had on, and walked back out to Gerald. Gerald was dead. Now, there was no one to keep him and Michelle apart. Not even Dwayne. He walked around the apartment to make sure there was no evidence, and walked out of the apartment.


Next: Chapter 6: "Hush"





Chapter 6: Hush


Michelle was nervous as she waited for Dwayne to return. He had been gone for quite awhile, and this had worried her. As she settled into the chair, her cell phone rang. She looked at the caller ID, and it was Lt. Kiley. She got nervous as she pushed the 'send' button.

"Hello?" Michelle said answering her phone.

"Michelle, it's me, Kiley. I need you to get back to the city ASAP. Gerald has been murdered." Lt. Kiley said urgently.

"Murdered? What? How?" Michelle asked shocked.

"We think Romeo had something to do with it. We're not sure, but we are going to investigate. As of right now, I'm taking you off of protective custody duty. There may be a slight chance that Romeo is coming after you."

"I already know. He's been here. I am going to protect Dwayne at all cost. This is my case, and I am going to see it to the end. You find out who killed Gerald. I'll take care of Romeo."

"Michelle, are you crazy? He will kill you!"

"No, he won't. It's me that he wants. I'm his 'Juliet'."

Michelle hung up the phone. She went to the bedroom and grabbed her gun. She wanted to be prepared. She had a feeling she would be meeting Romeo soon, and she wanted to make him feel right at home.

Romeo drove down the winding road toward the cabin. He knew that Michelle would be waiting for Dwayne to walk through the door. So he had to act like Dwayne. He didn't want to reveal himself immediately. He wanted to build the anticipation. He was ready for this moment. The moment he finally looked in the eyes of his Juliet.

Michelle looked out the window and saw Dwayne pull up in the driveway. She put her gun in her holster. She waited in the kitchen as Dwayne walked in the door. She knew something was amiss when he got out the truck. He didn't seem like the same Dwayne. Something was different, but she didn't know what it was. She put on her brave face and smiled as he walked in.

"Hey, did you miss me?" Romeo asked as Dwayne.

"Yeah. Where did you go?" Michelle asked.

"I had to go to the house to check on something. Why? What's wrong?"

"Gerald's dead. He's been murdered. We think Romeo had something to do with it."

"Romeo? How? I don't understand. Michelle, why do you have your gun holster on?"

"Because I got a feeling that Romeo and I will meet real soon. I got a feeling he's going to make a return trip to this cabin."

"Wouldn't that mean that we need to leave? I mean if he's coming after me, we are giving him the perfect means and opportunity to kill me here."

"It's not you he's after. It's me. I'm his Juliet. What I don't understand is how he knew we were here? I read the case file over and over again, and I never saw this. So tell me, Dwayne. What is your connection with Romeo? Who is he?"

Romeo was shocked. He didn't think he would have to reveal himself so soon, but Michelle asked the question, and she needed answers. He had to be subtle and explain it to her, but she would understand. She was in love with Dwayne, but she was in love with him. They were one and the same. They once were intergrated, but Romeo was always stronger than Dwayne. This time he was going to prove it.

"You want answers, Michelle? I got them." Romeo said in his regular voice.

"What?" Michelle asked confused.

"I am Romeo. I'm the monster you've been looking for."

"Dwayne, I don't understand."

"See, when Dwayne was growing up, I came to life. I was his violent side. His passionate side. The one that wouldn't let anyone hurt him, but his mother and father found out about me in college when he met Dany. So he went to a therapist, and he had us intergrated. He married Dany, and things were going well. Then Simone was born. That brought me out. I knew Dwayne wasn't happy. So I had to help him find our Juliet, but it was beginning to look futile. I wanted Juliet all to myself. I wanted to become the dominant personality. I have achieved that. All because I want you, Michelle."

Michelle didn't know what to think, but her instincts as a detective kicked in. She pulled her gun out her holster and point it at Romeo/Dwayne. With tears in her eyes, she looked at him. She had a choice to pull the trigger, and it would end right there.

"Is that what you want, Michelle. You want to kill me and Dwayne. Because you wouldn't just kill me. You would be killing Dwayne. I don't think you want to do that, do you?" Romeo said with a sinister smile on his face.

"Where's Dwayne, Romeo? I want to talk to Dwayne." Michelle asked.

"Dwayne is not here. He's gone. I told you I am now the dominant personality. You will never talk to Dwayne again. Now, give me the gun."

"No, not until I talk to Dwayne. I want to talk to Dwayne."

"Are you not listening to me? Dwayne is gone forever. Now, give me the gun, or I will kill both of us."

"I want to talk to Dwayne. You at least owe me a chance to say goodbye to him."

"You're right. I do owe you that much. You should say goodbye to him. Because you are mine now, Michelle."

Romeo closed his eyes, and Dwayne emerged. He looked at Michelle with tears welling up his eyes. He didn't want her to know his dark secret. Now that it was out, he had no choice. Michelle looked upon him as a monster.

"Michelle, I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to find out this way, but Romeo didn't give me much of a choice." Dwayne said crying.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me?" Michelle asked with tears in her eyes.

"I wanted to, but I didn't think you would understand. Michelle, I love you. I love you very much, but I need you to help me. Romeo is too strong, and if he takes over, many more people will die."

"How can I help you? I'm not a therapist."

"We need to be intergrated. That's the only way. You'll figure it out. Just remember I love you. Always."

Michelle fell to the floor and began to cry. Suddenly Romeo was back, and he looked down at Michelle. With a sinister grin, he knew that she was his forever.

"There's no turning back. No looking back. You are mines now. Dwayne is no longer here." Romeo said as he bent down to comfort Michelle.

"Hush now, Michelle. I promise you that your life will never be the same again."


Next: Chapter 7: "Intergration"
© Copyright 2004 LaKayeMichelle (camrynsmom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/899521-The-Killer-In-Me