*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/901118-The-Trap
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #901118
Take a break!
It had escaped again! She could almost cry out in fury. Her mind reeled under frustration. It was the tenth night. Ten nights of constant conspiracy. Rosie hardly remembered the last time she had slept soundly. She had arranged for everything. Rosie remembered how she had smiled with satisfaction at the elaboration of her efforts. Oh! How she would have loved loved to see him crib for freedom, to squeak and cry out in a last urge to survive. She could almost visualize the entrapment and the poison slowly sinking into him, his alimentary canal exploding under the quick spreading chemical, his last cries of terror. Oh! he should have paid for his deeds! Rosie's thoughts scattered like some frayed clouds on a clear morning sky. Julie , her teenaged daughter had just returned from college and was laughing uncontrollably. ''So he's gone again, huh mom !''. Rosie shaken from her thoughts realised how stupid she looked . She kept down the mouse trap on the sofa beside her.
''Laugh all you will , Julie, you are not getting your cheese sandwich, the brat's licked it clean,'' she said. '' Its been ten days since i've been trying to get him, my grocery's over by a week''. ''I'll just have to call the pest repellant people now, its getting out of hand.''
© Copyright 2004 ROSEBUD (sweetpie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/901118-The-Trap