*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/903922-Lies
by Modest
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Experience · #903922
This poem is about my last relationship which sadly ended due to massive lies.
Everybody lies is what you once told me.
And, in that maybe you were trying to tell me something.
Something said but unsaid something you’d done, or maybe felt, but didn’t quite get around to telling me yet.

Sometimes I couldn’t even speak around you.
Not because you wouldn’t allow me to.
But, because every time I opened my mouth to speak the words always seemed to shift themselves around into something I didn’t quite mean to say, but happened to blurt out in the midst of all that was going on that day.

And, you always had a way of manipulating everything I said into what you wanted to believe.
Even if it wasn’t the exact truth.
It was bits and pieces of an almost kinda truth, that just seemed to all fit together into a whole new lie.

Even if it meant being blind to the reality that we were no longer happy.
But, just kind of sticking it out for the long run, because of the fear of ending up alone, and we didn’t want that did we?

My heart used to beat for you.
The sound of your voice, and knowing that as soon as I came home I would get to see you it gave me this feeling.
This cloud 9 indescribable floating into thin air this is too good to be true feeling that almost never went away even when we fought.

And, now it comes to an end.
This was the most mentally draining physically exhausting
close to, but not quite greatest love of my life.
© Copyright 2004 Modest (ohiodom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/903922-Lies