*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/904180-Sditic-Pleure
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #904180
One night...one frightful episode.
SADISTIC PLEASURE

A thunderstorm was brewing up in the horizon. A wild breeze coerced its way through the tiny village. From the distance, the cry of a hungry child could be heard. The sound pierced my ears. I couldn’t see a thing. My candle had just completely burned out. I groped in the darkness for my dagger. “Ouch!” I felt the hot remains of candle wax on my sweaty palms. I winced in pain as it burnt my skin. “My dagger…It’s gone!” That’s when I realized I wasn’t alone. By now, my eyes had adjusted to the darkness and I could make out the silhouette of a strange figure perched at the windowsill. At first, I thought it was just a branch. But a closer look told me that it was not just something… but someone. A musty smell filled my nostrils. I wanted to scream. But I let out a shrill cry, so faint that I couldn’t hear it myself. I stared at the corpse on my window. Yes! A corpse it was…of the only person I knew in this world. The corpse of my brother. I gathered my wits and inched closer. Now I heard breathing. Low, hoarse gasps. Someone else was in my room. I backed away from the window and pressed myself against the wall. The figure moved closer. I saw my dagger glistening in his hands. I watched as he raised it above his head. I closed my eyes and let out an ear-piercing scream. There was a pause. I opened my eyes to see my brother standing in front of me with a lit candle in his hands. “HAPPY HALLOWEEN!” he yelled.
© Copyright 2004 cErTiFieD p$ychOp@Th (psycho at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/904180-Sditic-Pleure