*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/906982-Laundromat
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Psychology · #906982
I have got to find out what kind of dryer sheets the doctor uses.
Hannah's favorite place to be isn't home, or the park, or even at a friends house, it is at "Soaps-N-Suds". This is the town laundromat. It is the closest laundromat for thirty-five miles so she knows that it will always be packed with people.

"Now Hannah please explain to me what draws you to the laundromat?" asked Dr .Freedburg. "Well,first of all I never have enough dirty clothes so I have to keep re-washing all of my clean ones. I must admit that sometimes it just isn't worth all the trouble, but when I walk in there and see all of the piles of clothes I just have to keep going back! I love talking to all of the people. I just think it is hilarious how everyone always makes an excuse for being there like how their dryer is broke or something. I mean why can't they just admit that they don't have one? Then there are the people that have to seperate colors into more colors and whites into more whites, come on just put them in the washer already."

This was the last appointment that Hannah ever had with Dr. Freedburg. She saw him at the laundromat one day and realized that he did not use dryer sheets and that really offended her.
© Copyright 2004 Daniella Marie (daniellamarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/906982-Laundromat