*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907537-ViewsPredictions-for-the-Next-4-Years
Rated: 13+ · Editorial · Political · #907537
What will happen till '08?
With the election over, the buzz of political change is starting to emanate from both sides of the political spectrum. In the left corner, the Democrats, whose defeat in the election have left many in disbelief and some in fear about the coming four years. On the right side, the Republicans, who look to a new four years, and with a sizeable advantage in both the House and Senate, could push some legislation.

If you are a Democrat you might be thinking to yourself, "Why us? Didn't we have the resources?" I think that you did. The only problem was under estimating the number of the Jesus Freaks in the country. Like I said in my last post the religious right was a major factor in the election. The Left seem to have an uncanny knack of alienating religious folk with their ideals and politics. Views on same-sex marriage and abortion leave the religious majority no choice but to vote Republican.

Also there seems to be a great deal of "suffering" going on with the Dems. Reports of Dems seeing therapists and moving to Canada are rampant. It looks as if Bush has already boosted the business of therapists and shrinks. I personally can't understand how an election could have such a big effect on people. Is it really the end of the world? Some have even said that this election was worse than 9/11! What! Oh wait, yeah I see, this is way worse. Except that thousands of people didn't die! What a ludicrous statement! Prediction: Thousands of Democrats will flee to Canada and incite them to a war against the U.S. This will result in the complete destruction of Canada, and thankfully, the destruction of Celine Dion.

President Bush's life has not become any easier however. With the announced resignations of John Ashcroft, and Don Evans the name game has begun to decide who will fill the first two vacant cabinet spots for the next administration. Alberto Gonzales seems to be the man who will replace Ashcroft. Prediction: Since he's Hispanic this could only mean that Mexico is slowly but surely regaining control of the land we took from them. By the next election California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas will become part of Mexico.

Bush also has the daunting task of trying to figure out who he could appoint to the Supreme Court. Orrin Hatch is a name that has been thrown around. The Democrats are bound to make it difficult for him to appoint anyone they feel would threaten to overturn any established controversial verdicts like Roe v. Wade. While I think this wouldn't happen in the first place I think that the Dems will make it difficult if not just for spite. It is obvious with Chief Justice Rehnquist's illness that there will be most likely a few spots that will come up in the next for years. How Bush handles this will be a test of his wisdom in choosing candidates. A filibuster is bound to be the result if the choice is too conservative, but with a majority of the Senate seats in the red zone that would come to an end quickly. Prediction: Bush will suggest Orrin Hatch which will result in a filibuster. The filibuster will end when Ted Kennedy's liver explodes on the Senate floor, a result of years of drinking. There will be much rejoicing

For the Democrats the next four years should be a time for rebuilding and soul searching. Without a doubt they are busy pointing fingers at each other and hopefully that stage will pass quickly and Operation Hillary '08 will commence. That's where I see the party heading. They most likely won't learn from their mistakes and a former first lady is going to be the best that they can possibly muster. Prediction: Hillary runs in '08 and loses because of the massive Democratic Exodus to Canada and the loss of California to Mexico.

Against who will they be up against? Who knows. Right now a few people look good. Possibly Rudy Giuliani could be a contender or Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney. I think, however, that getting some legislation passed will be the first thing(after the war). Even Republicans have to admit that this war has escalated to a point that we are just trying to prevent another oppressive regime from taking power in Iraq. It started out as a search for WMD's, which turned into a freedom mission, which has now become Operation Save our Asses. As soon as that gets taken care of, (elections in January? Yeah, right) we can bring the focus back to our own country. Prediction: The war ends sometime in March when the Iraqis finally give in to the U.S. and allow us to build a McDonald's in Baghdad.

www.spencerkingcomedian.com/spencerspeaks
© Copyright 2004 Spencer Lee King (pappasmiley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907537-ViewsPredictions-for-the-Next-4-Years