*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907925-Forest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #907925
How beautiful is the forest at night? One can only imagine...
I was following a path framed by sky-high trees, which was to lead me to a glade deep within the bowels of the bleak forest. The earth was frozen beneath the crunching snow under my sinisterly black paws. The wind whistled as it tasseled my fur and slipped through the greedy skeletal hands of the daemon-like trees. Galloping furiously along, I attempted to leap over the larger, snow-covered rocks and duck under the low-hanging branches while listening to the snow fall from the branches behind me I was less lucky to dodge.
The sky above me was intoxicatingly magnificent. It was as clear as I wished my mind could be of my thoughts while at the same time being almost completely choked by the oversized, citrine moon, which illuminated the Earth, feeding it an eerie glow.
The ground below me, with much contrast to the sky, was pure and simple. It had only shades of white and grey and the occasional green spark of a bush to please my eyes, unlike the billions of gold, red, and silver stars accompanying the eternal sky above me.
© Copyright 2004 Ceallach (vanilladragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907925-Forest