*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907933-Allfureine
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #907933
Humans discover a new Planet, but they can't help wrecking it by interfering.
The origin of the Allefureine was unknown, as were their plans for the future. They had no past or future, just a present. This was perhaps the reason why they had never discovered space flight or computers. However, they were happy enough living their primitive ways for thousands of years. The planet had no wars or disagreements. Everybody worked for the good of the planet and each other, that’s just the way things were.

Until the humans from that pesky planet Earth arrived. In their fuel propelled, clumsy, slower than light, crafts they arrived and tore apart the Allefurein society forever. The Allefureine welcomed them and their ways at first, and many say that the humans never wanted to do any damage. They thought that the Allefureine were happy with the changes they brought about.

The Allefureine were, to the greater degree, happy with the changes that the humans made. They were on a voyage of discovery, landing on their moon for the first time and building up a more complex society with the help of computers. But things are like they are for a reason. Without the Allefureine working together for a common good, their very existence was threatened.

Each had their own special skill; miner, arborist, chef. While one Allefurein mined, another supplied the wood for the tribe and yet another would cook for them. However that is not the way in which humans live; humans live for themselves, helping others only when it is of benefit to himself.

This is the way that is best for man and his planet, it is the way he has survived and evolved. The Allefureine had survived in their own way that let them all help each other. They could not survive in this new society. Slowly, problems began to emerge. The Allefureine became materialistic and started to request payment for services they had always previously offered for free.

The Allefureine formed governments and began fighting over patches of land that before had always been seen as common. They developed weapons and Internets, currencies and bombs. And the humans just stood back and watched a planet slowly destroy itself. Soon the Allefureine began to combine space and weapon technology, and attack each other from outside of the atmosphere.

Earth could not keep up with the rapid developments and just watched in envy as the Allefureine achieved zero space travel and space jumps through billions of miles in seconds. When the first of the Allefurein fighters turned up above Earth and fired, then the humans realised what they had created. But by then they knew that it was too late. Just as we had changed them and their outlook, they had changed us forever. Now it was us who had no plans for the future. In fact, we had no future.
© Copyright 2004 TomPhil (tomphil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907933-Allfureine