*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/908888-Dear-Mom
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #908888
I wrote this to my mom on her 43rd b-day!I LOVE HER AND OUR MEMORIES!
Mom,

Happy Birthday! I’m sitting here at work…bored to tears, THINKING OF YOU! I sure hope you're doing well. I love you Mom, I love you so much! I’m so thankful to have you in my life, and I’m so thankful that YOU were and are my mommy. I appreciate you and all you’ve done and continue to do for me far more then you know. I love you for many things Mom, and I thank you for all of them. But what I want to thank you for the most is all of the memories, all of the sweet memories. Man, I love them.

I love how you tucked me in at night, and how we prayed the prayer “As I lay me Down to Sleep.” I love how we had leg wars in the basement, backyard, park or anywhere else we could find and how I’d dream to one day be as strong as you. I love how we sang at the top of our lungs to “Teddy Bear Picnic,” and sang with all our hearts to “Inch Worm”, and “Walkin’ up The Stairs with Mom and a Teddy Bear.” I love how we played hot lava monster and rock school in the front yard, and how I was lucky enough to have a mom who’d do so. I love how we ran through the sprinklers, we had not a care in the world. I love how you always had the cure. I love that you showed me the outdoors, how you opened my eyes to such beauty. You are my Mother Nature; when ever I’m in its presence, I do and always will think of you. I love how you look at me Mom; I love the care and feeling behind your loving eyes. I love how my mind can tie itself up with a sound, sight and smell for every holiday, (Halloween, Christmas, or Thanksgiving) and how you’d decorate the house accordingly. I love how you would meet me at the bus stop, and pack my lunch everyday. I love your smile and how it’s imprinted in my mind. I love how you devoted your life to being a "Mommy". You could have been anything you wanted. In the blink of an eye you could have chose a career and put us in Day Care. But you realized how important it was to stay with your children, and made a choice. It was a choice well made Mom, and don't ever tell yourself otherwise. I couldn't imagine how it would of been to come home to an empty house as a child, and thankfully will never know. I love your support Mom; no matter what I choose to do in life I know you’ll still be there for me. Sitting in that outfield, even if it is all by your self, cheering me on at the top of your lungs. I love our rainy walks and how we stomped to the beat of the raindrops shouting, “THE ANTS GO MARCHING ONE BY ONE!” I love how you made every day seem like summer. I love camping, and the smell of pine. I love Cascadia and how I’ll forever see your face in its running waters, tall canyons, and blue sky. I love how you gave birth to three of the most beautiful women in my life. I love them all so much. I love that you settled for the small un-kept house that sits on the corner of 63rd 19 years ago. It’s been so good to us. I love how I use to clean with you, studying your every move. I love how the voices of Bonnie Raite, Vince Gill, Linda Ronstat, and the Judds' take me back in time... back to never ending summer days filled with nothing but smiles, laughter and sunshine. I love rockin’ out with you. I love your laugh and how, if it’s hard enough, it breaks into tears or a snort : ). I love Bill's pool and the smell of Barbi-q’s. I love Shep. I love our beautifully manicured backyard and how I would always show it off to my friends. I love how you helped me and Tristan set up lemonade stands and always threw in bigger and better ideas. I love how my heart feels when you hug me Mom, and how tight you squeeze when you do. Most of all Mom, I LOVE YOU!

Mom, all of these memories are thanks to you. All of this leads back to you and how much love and appreciation I have for you. You are a magnificent being. I sure don’t know where I’d be if it weren’t for you, and that’s the truth. God made you so beautifully. You're so strong Mom; you never give up. I admire you so much for that. THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME SO MUCH OF YOURSELF! I’ve needed every bit of it. Anyway, I hope your birthday is wonderful.

Love Always
Your Baby,

Breona
© Copyright 2004 DeEpThOuGhTs (bre20 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/908888-Dear-Mom