*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/913749-The-Hospital
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Personal · #913749
the horror of hospitals
Well, it's starting again. The daily trips to the hospital to watch one of the people I love sit in an uncomfortable bed suffering. While I sit there and try to say its gonna be alright. Then watch as they try to move to get something and see the pain in their face because its too much for their frail bodies to handle. Then have to get said object for them, when you and the person knows they should be able to get it themselves. White halls, filled with a smell only a hospital can offer. Also don't forget the room service, the sick ordering something to help with the pain, such as a bowl of ice cream for their throats. Which of course the ice cream doesn't get to the room for at least an hour or two, all the while the person has to put up with the hurt and there is nothing you can do to help. Nothing, your helpless, you have no control over anything and you have to sit there and deal with it. Then after sitting there for a couple hours the person starts to look tired, but they won't go to sleep because if they do you might leave and then they'd be there all alone again and they don't want that. They don't want to be left in the hospital alone with all those strangers that try to act like they care but they don't, not as much as the people who actually know the person. Wow, after describing that who wouldn't want it to happen. I bet everyone is lining up just waiting to be admitted in to the hospital. I'll even tell you the best floors to be on, at Oakwood that is. These floors are the two I know the best, and I am going to get to know them better. They are the 3rd floor, or the intensive care unit. You know the place that has the strictest visiting policy in the whole damn hospital, where you can only visit in pairs for about ten minutes. It's also the place where the patient looks the worst, and isn't even themselves most of the time. Then if your so lucky they get moved to the 5th floor. Also known as the cancer center. This floor houses those people doomed to face a life long battle with something that can crop up when ever the hell it feels like. Yeah, this floor is my fav. I've spent so much time on it that I know the feel of the hall when I walk down it. The feel that when you get to the room the person you want to see, will just look at you like they don't even know you, or have such a look of pain that even ice and morphine doesn't help. I can't wait for that again.

But its ok. Because it hasn't happened yet. I have till tomorrow at noon, then I'll be in class and afterword heading into a waiting room for who knows how long to sit next to my mum who will be very calm(which means she's scared its the only time she's calm)and other family that will probably be looking at the clock wondering when the hell they can get out of there, and the best I'll be the youngest because my cousin will probably get out of coming for some reason that is extremely stupid and that I should hit her for. Finally the surgery will be over and I won't be able to see said person because they won't be up for it. You know surgeries, they take a lot out of people. But I will get to see the doctor, and he'll probably tell us that he tried his best, but something or another went wrong, it always does so whats new. Then we'll come home and I'll try to sleep, although I don't know whether I will or not, knowing that its all starting again.
© Copyright 2004 HandHrules (crumpet04 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/913749-The-Hospital