*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/917177-JUDITH-ROSE
Rated: E · Other · Death · #917177
I wrote this after my sister commited suicide. She had a very sad life.
She came into this world on a black and stormy night suddenly, not prepared, but through the hands of violence; in the form of a drunken father's fists pounded into the stomach of her young mother, out of the dark, warm place into a world that would never accept her or she would ever understand.

What a gentle soul was she, this auburn hair'd woman with emerald eyes. She seemed to be other worldly and ethereal in her appearance.
She could dance with the grace of a gazelle and sing with the voice of the sweetest nightingale.
She was so.. creative in all of God's ways

She tried to reach out in the world and say here I am, see me, I exist, through her gifted paintings, inspirational poems and delicate scultured figureines.

No one seemed to notice her, as she walked through life. Never an unkind word out of her sweet mouth did any one ever hear. How sad she must have felt, ever trying to embrace each person who came into her world; never receiving any love or kindness in return.

She left this world at the tender age of thirty four lying in the front seat of her car, with nothing but the sound's of a car's engine running, echoing throughout the confined wall's of a dark, cold garage alone, unaware of the love I held for her!

Just before her dear body was laid to rest, the last thing I recall, is the minister forgetting her name, another example of her unseen, unheard presence on this sometimes cruel earth!
© Copyright 2004 loves poetry (reallymine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/917177-JUDITH-ROSE