*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/917263-Pharynx-Alove-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #917263
Continuation of the Pharynx journey
The light shifted violently, and Pharynx caught a glimpse of the strangers magnificent light blue eyes, before he tugged the edge of his cloak around his face.

"If you suggest that I know you, then why don't you show your face?" Pharnyx asked dangerously quiet, her brown eyes flashing aggressively.

"There are others here, that also know me, and it is not safe for you or me, to put down my hood." The stranger continued in a softer voice.

"Then I will not keep you from discussing your situation with them," Pharynx said standing up, desperately attempting to get away from the harsh stranger.

"Sit down," he said gruffly, "do not draw attention to us. My business with you is much more important than the dealings I have with them."

"Pray tell me, what is this oh so important business you have with me?" Pharynx asked.

"You already have a general idea of what this business attests to." He said with a small growl.

"I still have no idea what you are talking about." Pharynx said, hiding the lie in her eyes, with her carefully constructed disguise.

"You are a very good actor Pharynx, but you know very well what this meeting is about. Before we get to that, there are a few things you need to answer." A small frown distorted his features.

"I don't know if I can answer your question, considering I have no inkling as to who you are.

"Oh you know who I am, and more importantly you know what I am." He paused, glancing around, the first signs of anxiety he had shown all evening. "I want to know when it became part of your policy to leave you partner behind."
© Copyright 2004 Miss T. Waters (staple_sweetie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/917263-Pharynx-Alove-Chapter-2