*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/920353-Greatest-Wish-for-Christmas
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Other · #920353
For a contest
Well, you see my wish has changed now that it is Christmas Eve. And it is kind of hard to explain but I will try to anyway to explain it.

Ok right now, I go to a college that is away from home; and for Christmas I was able to go home for Christmas. Even though I believe I will have to leave on Christmas to go back. Don’t get me wrong I am happy that I am home and away from it all but I just wish I could stay longer. You see the place I am at right now is not a good one for me. And I’m the type of person that I can not survive in an environment like it. Well that is what I thought. But let me explain this a little bit better. Let me paint the picture.

I am an athlete and because of that I was able to go to school and basically not pay for a thing. I play basketball for my college and in turned they pay for my education. So what everyone joke about is true, they do own you because money is evolved. Well anyway my team has a game on the 29th so we have to get back and get ready for it. But my coach does not understand that half of his team is from different states and are between 6 and 15 hours away. He doesn’t understand that it takes time to get from home back to school but still have to do it. But that is to be expected it just everything else that is not.

It’s fun at home; I have friends, family, and people who like me for me. I have people who generally care for me and not expect anything in return. For once, before I left for school I was happy. It took me a long time to get there but I was happy. And now that I am away all that hard work was for nothing. It took me some time to find happiness, my life was filled with hate, sorrow, pain everything that is dark and bad. But I push harder and persevered and made it to the other end only to be push back to where I have started. The people there are childish just like the people of my past. But the kids of my past had could be justified, they can not. I’m the butt of all jokes the one they poke at; I'm the one that is inferior to them. My teachers tell me I can’t learn, my coach tells me I can’t play (and I am one of the best players on there) and I have already had that speech before. With no where to go and no one to talk to I am left to go through this again, alone. So with that said my greatest wish for Christmas used to be for me to be able to stay home, stay at a place where I am happy and loved. But now only want to wish for strength. strength to overcome yet again, and be able to look at all the people who have tried to pull me down and smile in there face, curse them out in my head and tell them “peace out, God bless, goodnight, I’m out”; turn around walk out the door get in my car drive off and never look back.


~Soul Writer
© Copyright 2004 SW *now* Chaos is changing (soulwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/920353-Greatest-Wish-for-Christmas