*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/920602-Symphony-of-the-Sweet
Rated: E · Poetry · Relationship · #920602
A moment of pure loss, sadness, and longing put into three paragraphs.
Symphony of the Sweet


A world I dare not imagine, is a world without the one I love; a world so far away. To never rest against her soft skin and her warm face would be a tragedy among hopelessness that I dare not taste. These things I hold dear so close to my heart, I cannot feel, taste, touch, or smell; given these circumstances it burns like hell. When she was so close, I held her loose and now that she is so far away, I wish to hold he close. I cannot forgive myself for the idle moments we let pass, for the lack of foresight I wish I had, so many months and days ago to give her all I had. I dare not speak a word of this, for what if she has forgotten me or gives her love to other men.

I can’t dream a bright blue sky without her under it. I strike and scream, but I know she cannot hear it. Even when I stand awake, it is for her that I still wait. I and my past seem dead rights for all that times I could have spent the nights. Not to engage in foolish acts but to lie down beside her and rub her back. When dreams seemed sweeter with every kiss; it is this that I long for, and really miss. No evil or challenge we couldn’t take, no word no action was a mistake, to drink deep the glass of perfect peace.

A shoulder to cry on, a moment to pass, holding the doors, I exit last. I strike the phantoms of my dreams with all the lost memories; of sun, of sand, and of things that didn’t last. Memories now I hold in side, swept away by the weeping tides. I stand on the shores and gaze to the east, where seagulls noisily speak. Where her shadow still stands which I try to grasp with my mortal hands. Alas, it’s just a memory, a flutter in the silence and a song in the sea. If I chase, I may just drown in search of that single sound, a piece of heaven, a spark of love, a tiny piece of what once was.
© Copyright 2004 MadMadMe (madmadme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/920602-Symphony-of-the-Sweet