*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/924520-David-and-the-Magic-Tractor
by mom5
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #924520
A little boy and his magic tractor take a journey through the clouds.
Once upon a time there was a little boy named David who had a tractor. David loved his tractor and took very good care of it. One night while David was looking at the star-filled sky, he thought, "I wish I could fly...up, up, up in the sky and take my tractor with me." When David drifted off to sleep he dreamed that his tractor sprouted wings.

In the morning, he woke, bright and early. He ate his breakfast and hurried outside. As he approached his tractor, he noticed something strange....his tractor....had wings. He climbed in the seat and turned the key. Up, up, up he went into the clouds. David was overcome with excitement as he circled the town.

After a few hours, David began to get lonely in the sky...he wanted someone to fly with him. He landed his tractor in a field of daisies....then went to the house next to it. He knocked on the door and when it opened, he saw a little girl. She had the biggest, most beautiful eyes that he had ever seen. David asked, "Will you fly with me?" The little girl smiled and said, "I will." David took her through the field of daisies...picked a handful and gave them to her. He gently helped her climb upon the tractor...and then...up, up, up they went into the clouds.

The little girl said, "I've never been on a magic tractor before, thank you." Then David reached out and touched her cheek and said, "I want to tell you something. You have milk on your lip." She smiled bashfully and wiped it away. Then she
reached into her dress pocket and pulled out one piece of gum. She tore it in half, and they each had a piece.

After they had flown a while, David landed his tractor on a cloud. They climbed down off the tractor and found a comfy spot to sit...since the sun was setting, the clouds were changing colors. David scooped up a handful of cloud and told his little friend to taste of it. As she put it to her lips, she discovered that it tasted like
cotton candy. She was delighted. She had never been on a cloud before, and she had never tasted a cloud. This was her first time to fly.

It was starting to get dark so they flew down and landed, once again, in the field.They walked hand in hand...thinking about all that they had seen and done. This was the best day ever. The little girl watched as David took his tractor up into the clouds.

When they grew up, they got married. Everyday for the rest of their lives, they would fly to the clouds and watch the sun set. They took their children, and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. They were always thankful for the magic tractor and what it meant to them.
© Copyright 2005 mom5 (angstall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/924520-David-and-the-Magic-Tractor