*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/924648-Lost-and-Found
by megz
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Entertainment · #924648
a love story about a love that never strays...
Being the lead singer of a band isn't easy. You go through boyfriends like nothing because they're always jealous at all the attention you get. It's tough and so i usually have to do without. I don't know. I guess on the road the groupies are enough for me anyway.

That is, until he came along.

Alright, I have to admit, I had a little crush on him before I met him. He's my favourite skateboarder, canadian(like me) and funny, good looking..need I say more? I always thought since I'm only twenty two and he's thirty one nothing would happen. But it just so happens that he was a big fan of my band, The Suicidals. His name, Colin Mckay. Yep, thats right. One of the best vert skaters out there. I mean, i'm a short, darkhaired chick. I thought he would go for the tall blonde look personally. I now know that is not true.

What happened was this...

The Suicidals were on tour in California. San Diego, California actually. And I just so happened to be walking down the street with a couple of my friends when all of a sudden I heard someone call my name.

"Susie!!" I stopped and looked around. The voice sounded somewhat familiar..but still I couldn't see anyone I knew, so I just turned around and kept walking.

"Susie!!!" I heard it again and this time a guy came running up to me. When I saw it was Colin, my mouth dropped open and then i quickly shut it again.

"Colin Mckay??" I asked, butterflies in my stomach. BIG TIME.

"Yeah, Susie, from the Suicidals, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, thats me." I shook his hand.

"I'm seriously a HUGE fan of yours. I own your cd and the video. Its really awesome." Was it just me, or did he seem nervous?

"Thanks, I own all the skate videos you're in." I said. I smiled. Then I heard someone from across the street call, "COLIN!!"

"Fuck, I gotta go. Can I get your number?" I gave it to him quickly and he gave me his before he gave me a quick hug goodbye and then ran across the street.

For a moment I just stood there, grasping what happened. One of my bandmates, Chara, came over and shook my arm.

"Did you SEE what just HAPPENED????" I asked her and she nodded her head. "Hell yeah I did!!! He gave you his number??"

"Yeah, I have it in my phone! He said he's gonna give me a call tonight to hang out. Oh my god!" I finally noticed I was shaking a bit and took a deep breath to calm myself.

We finished our shopping and eventually returned to the hotel. Our CD release party was in California this weekend coming up, so we had a lot of press to do. After a few dozen phone interviews, I just kicked back in my bed to relax. I was nervous though, still. From meeting Colin. What if he doesn't phone? I'd feel like an idiot. I hate little school girl crushes.

I must have dozed off for a couple of hours because I was woken by my phone. It was COLIN!!! I jumped up and answered it.

"Hello?" My voice was a little shaky.

"Hey, Susie?" A male voice said on the other end.

"Yeah, thats me." I said and smiled to myself.

"Hey, its Colin. I was wondering if you want to go out for dinner tonight? I could show you a bit around town too after."

"Yeah, that would be great. What time?"

"How about I pick you up at six?"

"Yeah sure." I told him the address to my hotel and we said goodbye.I checked the clock. It was quarter to four. I had to pick out something to wear!!!! I had never been more nervous for any sort of "date" ever!


So dinner went fine. We talked a lot about parties and the cool stuff of fame. He drove me home about two hours later.

"I had a really good time tonight." I said.

"Yeah, so did I. Can I give you a call tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure.Oh!Hey! We're having a cd release party this Saturday. Wanna come? You can invite a few of your friends along too, I can get you in."

"Yeah I'd love to. I'll ask Danny and Rob if they wanna go."He smiled.

"Alright cool. I should probably go inside now though. I'll talk to you tomorrow."I said and gathered my stuff and got out of the car.

"Yeah, see ya then."He said.

"Goodnight."I called to him as I walked towards the hotel, he honked his horn as he drove away.

Colin and I hung out for the next few days in between the interviews, photo shoots, etc that I had to do. We seemed to be getting really close. Maybe I was just thinking that. Or rather HOPING that.

Saturday came up so quickly, I was scurrying around to find an outfit to wear. I finally settled on a black halter top with a short skirt and black stilletos.

"Are you ready to go yet Susie??" My bassist Trudy called from the other room.

"ALMOST!" I yelled at her as I finished applying my mascara. I took one last look in the mirror and then walked out of the bathroom.

"How do I look?" I asked and posed.

"Very, very HOT!" Chara said. I smiled and grabbed my purse, then we all headed down to the lobby where the party was going to be.

People were filing through the doors like no tomorrow and camera's flashed from all corner's of the room. I blinked at all the sudden flashes and almost fell over but Trudy caught me.

"Thanks." I said and sat down on one of the sofas near me. There were tons of press here and the fans were just getting in now. The open bar was crowded and one of the bartenders came by with our favourite drinks on a tray.

"Why thank you!" I said as I took my Vodka and Orange juice from the tray. I took a sip. It was really strong, just the way I like it. I chatted with Chara for a bit.

"I really desperately need to find different drumsticks to use. Mine keep breaking like no tomorrow!!!" She sighed.

"Yeah, I'm glad I switched guitar strings. These ones are heavier and last a little longer." I said.

An hour passed by and then I remembered Colin was supposed to be here. I stood up for the first time and felt myself feel woozy from the drinks I had. I walked around a bit and then found the entrance, it took me a bit longer than usual. Damn alcohol. I saw that Colin, Danny Way and Rob Dyrdek were standing in the doorway and the bouncer was just checking their passes. I waved to Colin and he smiled as the bouncer let them through. He gave me a hug.

"Hey Susie, how's it going?" He asked. He kept his arm around me.

"I'm sorta buzzed right now." I smiled and showed Colin to the bar. He introduced me to Danny and Rob.
** unfinished **
© Copyright 2005 megz (meganb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/924648-Lost-and-Found