*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/928335-The-World-Is-My-Jungle-And-I-Am-An-ant
by Meggy
Rated: E · Fiction · Young Adult · #928335
Not even worth a capital letter! An account on how one girl percieves the world.
*This is a first draft and it is looking for improvement, so anyone feel free to review me and please include ways to improve!*



The World Is My Jungle And I Am An ant



I have the world at my feet. The only problem is that people keep on stepping on me, like I’m some kind of doormat. Using me, abusing me and confusing me. If only I too could have the courage to reach out for my goals, and get what I really want out of life. If only people would stop treating me like I don’t exist.

Everyone is an animal in my world. Metaphorically anyway. My Mum is a scorpion, with a sharp sting in her tail if agitated, always the one that pries through my diary and offender of other crimes, such as messing with my life. Dad, a precious little orang-utan. Sweet, sly and always swinging here and there to find out about the ins and outs of my life. My sister, a proud Baboon, the one everyone looks up to. But there’s another side to her. The side that only relatives get to see; the fierce, protective type. Though the 'I love myself' attitude is for everyone.
So what with a scorpion for a Mother, an orang-utan for a Father and a baboon for my sister, how on earth did I get to be the ant? None of the inhabitants of the jungle would come running I died. I’d probably be eaten. Though if it was a baboon, scorpion or an orang-utan, there would be a huge kafuffle. Saying that, maybe they’d eat Mum too. If sister died, the whole animal kingdom would be mourning over her…pity that.

I wish I could be an owl. I would be able to fly, and other animals would even look up to me. Though being an ant, everyone only ever looks down upon me. They can’t do much else. I am a nobody, and it seems that I will remain that way forever. It’s not like I can grow any bigger in order to get noticed. Everyone squashes ants, or tries to get rid of them with some ant-killer. See, everyone picks on the ants. There isn’t beetle-killer, or worm-killer just ant-killer. I will always be looked upon as inferior because I am an ant.
© Copyright 2005 Meggy (fairy_girl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/928335-The-World-Is-My-Jungle-And-I-Am-An-ant