*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/930541-Scholarship-Essay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Beepl
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #930541
Significance in my life. Please review. I need help with this essay.
In my life every moment has been significant. Whether it was the time I took my first step or the time I cut a hole in my fathers’ brand new tarp. Every moment has made an important impact on my life. Every mistake I have made has molded me into the young woman I am. And every mistake I have yet to make will make me grow into an even wiser woman.

I must say though, the truly most memorable moment of significance I have had in my life at this point would have to be the time when my family went to visit the Bahamas.

It was the summer of 2001. We were just across the street from the straw market when there was a loud explosion. Smoke began to billow from the first floor of the market and quickly engulfed my family as we were separated.

I must remark that this was the scariest time I can recall. All I can remember is my mother screaming for my sister Tiffany and myself to run away toward the rental car. I know I ran at least a block before I looked back to see my sister was gone.

A wave of terror swept me as I began to sweat. Visions of my younger sister being lost and alone began to scare me even more.

The object now had changed. My mission was no longer to run away from the danger, but to go into danger to find the most important person in my life. My sister. With this I began, without hesitation, to run back.

When I finally found my sister I grabbing her by the arm firmly and began to run away from the smoke. When we had made it to the rental car, about four blocks away, we stopped to wait for our parents. They came quickly, and with panic in their eyes they hugged us both.

Nothing terrible came from the straw market fire. No one was hurt, only the straw market and pretty much all of the surrounding buildings. I don’t know if anyone else learned a lesson within the event, but I know I did.

I learned that my family was the most important thing to me. I learned that bravery can always be found within. All a person needs is love. Everyone must love one-another to make it through the world. Without my sister I couldn’t see my life being the way it is today. Tiffany has brought to me so much. She has taught me how to be a good sister, how to be confident in myself, and how to be brave when all around is chaos.

This moment has completely changed my outlook on life and because of the strength I have learned from moments such as this, I have been able to use my knowledge to help others gain the strength they need to move on to the next course of their lives.
© Copyright 2005 Beepl (beepl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/930541-Scholarship-Essay