*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/931473-Sun-Set
Rated: · Prose · Biographical · #931473
A relinqished sunset of the heart.....
Dreaming with Insomnia
1-22-05

I am slipping from you.
Peace descending in a silent rage.
Our fierce love, cast, unraveled, strung like wild hair across the vast golden sky, Filling my heart with brightness, brilliance, and then slowly sinking, drifting like a pebble cast into the calm pool of night.
My lips are veiled in royal blue, by a lucid web of paling stars.
Silence descends,submurged in a liquid silver that surrounds me.
I am calm, willing, passive.
I wonder if I am drowning.
Should I panic?
I travel downward. Coupled by this state of mercury existance.
Our love, this life, has become all but a whisper, breathed into the night excepting no reply, lost perhaps amid a thousand whispers.

I am slipping from you, settling into this passive slumber, as even now I commit all we have shared to memory, as the past so quickly conforms to the present.
Hope so gracefully resides in the day-breaks of yesterday, as my lashes grow heavy with the dew of contentment, and cast forever the shadows of tomorrows never seen. Yet, all the while you sleep.


© Copyright 2005 Miss Marie (sweetmarie03 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/931473-Sun-Set