*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/936026-Today-Must-Be-Yesterday-Not-Tomorrow
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #936026
Written for 8th Grade U.S. History. About a teenage girl during the Holocaust.
         I am sitting in my home, wondering where my family is. There is a loud rapping at the door. I open the door only to be grabbed and taken to the place I would like to call, Hell-On-Earth. So, here I am, sitting all alone in the cold confines of my new "home." I found out that my parents and little brother have gone to a better place now, much better than our former home ever was. Yesterday, I witnessed one of the Nazis beat a girl who was giving a younger boy a loaf of her bread.
         I don’t get it, why are they doing this? Can anybody tell me? I want to know the truth about why this tragedy is happening. Was it something we did? Something we said? I just do NOT understand how a human being, if that's what they really are, could have such a cruel heart and evil mind.
         There is a deafening silence surrounding this place now, something is going to happen, are they here? I walk outside to confirm my beliefs; the Nazis have come to take people away, I don’t know where they take people though. There are too many rumors to know what the truth might be.
         They stalk towards me and they tell me I will get to see my family again where they are taking me. As I walk away with them I notice we aren’t going in the right direction; my home is the other way. Then it dawns on me, I’m not going to the home that I thought I was.
         They drag me out of the tiny boxcar and throw me into something hard, I can’t identify this object; it is too dark in this room. It is getting REALLY hot in here, I wonder why? I see and feel the flames engulfing my body, burning me to my death. In the distance I hear laughing, how could someone laugh at a time like this? And I realize that they, whoever they happen to be, are enjoying seeing me die, I just want it to stop.
         Now, before I leave this horrible place, to be with my family, forever. I warn you, don’t let today be tomorrow, let today be yesterday. Don’t let history repeat itself. Nobody should have to endure this much pain and suffering ever again.
© Copyright 2005 ♥Bee Emm Vee♥ (drama101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/936026-Today-Must-Be-Yesterday-Not-Tomorrow