*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/937085-Teen-Girl-Magazine-Propaganda
by Meggy
Rated: E · Article · Opinion · #937085
Can you really become perfect in five simple steps? The simple answer is no.
                   Teen Girl Magazine Propaganda

         Ever bought a magazine cause you’ve been sucked into thinking that you can actually become what you have seen on the cover. The chances are that yes, you have. All of us have. All teen girl magazines portray images that we should all be like; skinny, drop-dead-gorgeous and the rest. It doesn’t help that celebrities are idolised far too much.

         Most of us have opened a magazine, seen a really pretty celebrity, and wished that we could look like them. Of course we do, it’s natural, but teen magazines just take it that bit further. They show us how to copy a celebrities image, and we actually expect it to work? Celebs spend hours in make up and hair. I think that what magazines should really be teaching us, is that beauty comes from the inside, and we should be taking more care of our inner selves rather then our appearance. Plus, the pictures are edited, erasing any beauty ‘imperfections’ so it’s not like the celebs are really like that anyhow. If celebrities can only look ‘perfect’ if photos are edited and some getting plastic surgery with a fortune being spent, what chance have the rest of us got?

         You can turn to literally any page, and you’ll see what you ‘should’ be wearing, what colours are ‘in’ at the moment, and other stuff like that. I don’t think that they realise that we have our own tastes, so thy should stop trying to change us into what we want to look like. With magazines and relationships, on one page, you’ll have an article on ‘you don’t need a boyfriend to be happy’ and a few pages ahead, you have ‘how to find a boyfriend.’ It doesn’t make sense!

         They need to realise that we’re still young, and need to have fun, not to be out there dating, and that we don’t need to be preening ourselves every minute of the day. So next time you go to buy a teen magazine, think twice!
© Copyright 2005 Meggy (fairy_girl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/937085-Teen-Girl-Magazine-Propaganda