*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/940682-Grays-Revenge-Working-Title
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Thriller/Suspense · #940682
A Murder story about a young man, and the madness that dweels within him.
Basically, it has been a obsession of mine to write this novel for the past two years.

The jist of the story is this:

A young man, plagued by bouts of sheer madness, plots to kill his teachers who failed him 10 years previously. He blames them for what has happened to him, and the fact they crushed his dreams.

He murders about 8 of the Teachers, keeping one alive in his apartment, tied naked to a bed. He tortures her for the sheer fun of it.

Assigned to the case, A Detective called Alan, Al to his comrades, sets out to stop the killing. With his rookie Cop buddy Peter, they gather clues from the murder scenes and witnesses.

The Young Man is finally caught in a showdown with the detective. he is wounded, but stands fit to stand trial.

After a lengthy court battle, in which both sides of the argument are heard. The Young man is sentenced to spend the rest of his days in a Mental Hospital.

However, there is a twist at the end...


Basically put, there are a number of themes:

Loyalty: The relationship between the young man and his brother, and the relationship between the Detective and the Rookie Cop

Justice: What is true justice? Is it the law, or your principles being stood by?

Morality: What defines the charecters morality? In the young man's eyes, it is morally acceptable to get revenge on those who hurt you. Is that the same for everyone else?

Murder: The awefull ways in which they are killed are symbolic of the way the young man sees the individual teacher.

Class: The young man is rich. Does the best lawyers mean that justice is different for the poor than the rich?

Passion: What drives the young man?

Madness: The heart of the novel. Define madness? Who has the right to accuse someone of being insane? Is it said because they dont agree with their view of the world.



I pull no punches. This novel will be full of murder, hate, revenge, love, and loyalty. I never try to sugarcoat the reality when I write (at least, not in my adult writing). I will try to include some necessary lighter moments, to lift the mood, but dont expect a novel with lots of "Bambi" moments.

Reallife isnt a movie, so why should my novel be?
© Copyright 2005 a.d.gray (aiouak9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/940682-Grays-Revenge-Working-Title