*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/940922-room
by smith
Rated: · Other · Other · #940922
There is nothing to see or feel here.
The room was shaped like an S; the walls covered with floral wall paper give an iniquitous glow when it reflects off the knee deep water full of chlorine. Inside there is a single goldfish, his left eye is larger than his right. The chlorine turned his skin white. There is a door with five doorknobs, and a window that only shows inaudible reruns of "Family Matters." There is also a talking mannequin that floats around in an inter-tube, for he has no legs. He spans his time with a violin. The mannequin has a lonely gap between his top lip and his receding hair line, once he fell into the water and the goldfish ate his face off. Plastic does not sit well with goldfish, hence his asymmetrical face.

The room does not symbolize anything, the mannequin has no meaning or purpose, the goldfish is worthless. There is a red digital clock that was installed backwards, and if you stare at it long enough it'll begin to make sense; just because you force yourself to. The violin is out of tune but it doesn't matter because no one will ever hear it. Despite the fish's deformity, he can see perfectly. The mannequin has no face but a keen sense of emotion. If you build a little pond inside the mannequin's face where there is a gap, the fish can live inside it. That way, the fish can tell the mannequin what he sees and the mannequin can tell the fish what he feels. But that too is useless because there is nothing to see or feel here.
© Copyright 2005 smith (thechair at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/940922-room