*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/940980-Should-the-heart-ever-beat-again
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #940980
the question is set?yet he answer is still to be discovered.
As the waves dimmed the image in the water, the glimmer in his eyes shown even brighter as his mind buried itself once again in the memories of the past. His cracked lips telling tales of his thirst for love, his deep eyes exhausted in the chase for solace, his body burnt with the fire of betrayal and his feet hidden from his reflection as thought hiding the acrimonious façade of his journey.
As the waves grew stronger, the tide of hate and anguish began to rise. As the setting sun set the sky on fire, the cold inferno in his heart reignited to bring back all the thoughts he had burnt in his past. The water soon brought untold tales into perspective as he floated off into his own reverie. But the fire was soon extinguished as she blocked his reflection. The tide of hate, again shackled by her beautiful smile and the fumes soon vanished as her mesmerizing voice unlocked the hidden strength within this cadaver. Her deep blue eyes as thou soothed his burnt body. As he felt her touch, the ashes of the past washed away in the tide of happiness that surged through him. Finally he was in the arms of the one whom he had found after a long search yet the question always haunted him?did he have the right? Did he truly love her or was it just a passing emotional wind that brought with it a glimpse of relief from the scorching heat yet was to be followed by a blizzard of flouting emotions and vows?
It is true; the first love is the most true and pure. He has never loved anyone more that her yet today he finds solace in the arms of another who loves him yet creates turmoil of emotions within him. Is he being true to her? When he uses her presence to shadow his past, when he uses her heart beat to drown his memories and when he uses her love to soothe the pain of his bewildered mind. Is he? The question still unanswered. As I move away, his glistening eyes still fixed on me, withhold tales yet to unfold and asking only one question?does love deserve a second chance? Does a broken heart have fidelity? Should a defeated heart ever beat again? Ever?
© Copyright 2005 Night Hawk (skyhigh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/940980-Should-the-heart-ever-beat-again