*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/941768-Nazi-History-Month-anyone
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Entertainment · #941768
My sarcastic view on Black History Month, and why it's bad!
Petition Time: Nazi History Month, anyone? --Mexican Seafood


Black history month. Black history month? Are you kidding? Where’s Nazi history month, or a month of history for all of us white people who have a strong enough history to have enslaved so many people, and us British, let me tell you a bit about the British. We’ve been strong for many years. Us Brits have a sense about us that’s unrecognizable in American culture. Ok in all honesty, I’m not racist, but I may be a bit bias in some cases. I’m not one to stereotype though, so I’d take it as sarcasm at best, and try not to get offended by anything I say, because I’m right, and there’s no use arguing against anything I claim to be true.

Why should one race have a whole month designated to them, while the rest of the people don’t even have a week? Sure, escaping the harsh grasp of slavery is an abnormal, and heartfelt accomplishment, granted you approach it from the right angle, but who deserves their own month? Then the stereotypes role in. Do we really want to see Snoop Dogg talking about his fellow nig-…

I just remembered I cannot use the “N word” because the black community have placed some kind of trademark on a word, that basically tells white people that they aren’t as good as blacks. Other limitations. If you’re white can you imagine the humility and shame you’d feel if someone were to walk in on you while you’re watching black-exclusive BET. BET is Black Entertainment Television, which basically excludes…everyone that isn’t black, or isn’t tan enough to pass themselves off. I fall into both categories, obviously, so I guess they’re taking away my rights.

Maybe if I take a stand (with this article) and describe how this system is unfair then maybe, just maybe, us Brits, Scottish, Italians, Canadians, and any other human of a different shade can claim our own month as well. While we’re being so lax on being politically correct, lets just go off and create a yellow history month while we’re at it.

After quickly scrolling through the well-done BET site (http://www.bet.com) I found some pretty interesting things. The first thing that caught my eye was a picture of a probably-anorexic-girl’s rear-end sticking out so far that you just cannot avoid checking out the model search page. Other than the obnoxious props thrown to Usher for performing a song like “Yeah” numerous times, there are some strange articles scattered throughout. Something that really hit me hard were the various Michael Jackson articles. First off, I was surprised at how witty some of these were, and how well-written the articles turned out to be. However, can we really just throw Michael Jackson on the Black Entertainment Television website? Is he turning a darker shade again, or something?

All in all, I’m just extremely disappointed at how the press approaches this whole thing with Black history month. Is it even that big of a deal? Well, not so much. I could chose to just ignore all these running ads on my favorite television and radio stations that constantly remind me of the importance of celebrating “our heritage” for Black history month. Of course, I’m just a snobby Brit that lives on the plateau with a dozen or so people that think they are black, but are clearly not.


NOTE: I made an effort not to include Rap music into this article, but I shamefully plugged Snoop Dogg, then strayed off into the territory of Black Entertainment Television which is focused nearly completely around rap. I apologize for my ignorance, and for the fact that you can’t do a thing about it.
© Copyright 2005 mexicanseafood (mexicanseafood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/941768-Nazi-History-Month-anyone