*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/942611-Chance-of-a-Lifetime
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Music · #942611
A Struggling musican gets the chance of a lifetime when he meets Kelly Clarkson.
Rafael Dela Ghetto was a young, struggling musican playing in small clubs all over the United States. His dream was to be discovered by some big name rock star….fat chance right?


“Where am I playing next Will?” Rafael Dela Ghetto asked his manager Will Carlton. “You’ll be going to Houston, Texas and play a couple of gigs there for $300 dollars per night.” Carlton replied. “Ah Texas, it’s like a whole other country!” Rafael chuckled to himself as he and Carlton hung up. Rafael Dela Ghetto was 24 years old and had shaggy hair similar of the mop top hairstyle made famous by The Beatles in the 1960’s. He had been playing guitar since age 11 and had spent countless hours practicing and studying his favorite guitarist, Jimmy McCulloch. His dedication payed off at age 22 as he was discovered by Will Carlton as he was playing a gig at Beatnik Bob’s Café inside City Museum in St. Louis, Missouri.

When Rafael got into Houston, he got lost on the way to his hotel. “This is great, just great! The day that I arrive in Houston, I get lost trying to find my stinkin’ hotel!” Rafael said.

Rafael managed to find his hotel, two hours after he arrived in Houston. Rafael had a gig that night so there was no time for relaxation, much to Rafael’s dismay. “I might as well make a setlist so I won’t have to go out there and just wing it.” Rafael thought to himself.

Rafael Dela Ghetto’s Setlist

1. I See It All by Thunderclap Newman
2. Today by The Smashing Pumpkins
3. Layla by Eric Clapton
4. Something by The Beatles
5. Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
6. Call My Name by Jimmy McCulloch/White Line
7. Heartbreaker by The Dukes
8. Too Late For Goodbye by Julian Lennon
9. Tomorrow by Wings
10. Imagine by John Lennon
11. Rafael’s Time by Rafael Dela Ghetto
12. Butterfly by The Transformers
13. Hear Me by Kelly Clarkson


Rafael spent the next hour tuning his guitar and practicing his vocals because his gig was in three hours. His gig was going to be at Honkerburger and Rafael had heard that a couple of big name celebrities were going to be there. William Hung, and Doug Funnie has his wife Jennie (Who just so happened to be Kelly Clarkson’s manager) just to name a couple.

Finally, it was time for Rafael Dela Ghetto’s concert. The people filed into the Honkerburger expecting a night of great food and entertainment. Just as Rafael introduce “Hear Me”, somebody stood up in the audience and asked if it was all right if they could sing the song as a duet. That girl was none other then Kelly Clarkson herself!
“I am really flattered that you chose to cover my song for your concert,” Kelly whispered to Rafael just before they started the song.
The concert was a great success and for Rafael Dela Ghetto, it proved to be the concert of his life. A few days later, he got a call from Kelly Clarkson’s manager, Jennie Funnie. She told Rafael that Kelly was very impressed with Rafael’s vocals and guitar playing and asked him if he would be interested in being Kelly Clarkson’s lead guitarist on her upcoming “Behind These Hazel Eyes” tour.
For Rafael Dela Ghetto, it was a chance of a lifetime….
© Copyright 2005 MedicineJar (medicinejar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/942611-Chance-of-a-Lifetime