*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/943152-What-Happens-When-You-Steal-a-Dollar
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #943152
Two boys find a dollar and spends it. Written for Dialogue 500 Contest.
What Happens When You Steal a Dollar

“Hey, Kenneth. Come see!”

“What, Nathan?”

“I found a dollar on the ground. Do you want to split it?

“No, Nathan!” Don’t you know what happens to kids who take money that is somebody else’s?”

“No. What?”

“Aliens come down and take you away.”

“You’re lying, Kenneth.”

“No, I’m not. My brother told me that. He’s thirteen, and he always tells me the truth.”

“Well, your brother is an idiot, and you’re stupid to believe him, Kenneth.”

“My brother is not an idiot. You take it back!”

“Fine. I’m still gonna spend it. Let’s go.”

“We can’t skip school, Nathan.

“You are such a baby. Alright. I’ll go on the way home. Come on. Recess is over.”

“I don’t think we should spend the money, Nathan.”

“Aww. Are you still thinking about the aliens that your brother LIED to you about?”

“What if it’s true?”

“It’s not. Come on.”

“I hope you’re right, Nathan.”

“Look at all this candy I got. And I’m not gonna share it with anybody.”

“Nathan, what’s that noise?”

“What noise?”

“That noise. The humming. Maybe it’s the aliens coming.”

“THERE ARE NO ALIENS! The sound you heard is the space between your ears. Now, let’s go home, Kenneth.”

“Quit being mean to me!”

“If you say one more thing about aliens, I’m gonna go home alone.”

“And I’m gonna tell mom, and she’s gonna tell your mom. Then you’ll be in big trouble because you know we’re supposed to walk home together since we live across the street from each other.”

“See? We’re almost home. I told you nothing would happen. What are you looking at?”

“The aliens.”

“I told you …”

“Nathan, look. They’re coming.”

“Whoa. Look at the size of their ship. Let’s go with them.”

“No. I don’t want to.”

“Fine. Be a baby. I’m going.”

“Nathan! Wait!”

“Cool! That was fun! Would you quit hanging on me?”

“But I’m scared! Look at those things.”

“They’re not scary. Funny. I thought they’d be bigger. My dog is that size.”

“Wait! Where are you going?”

“To the control panel. I wanna try to fly this thing.”

“Excuse me, sirs. Hello? Mr. Aliens? Did you take us because of the dollar? If so, Nathan took it. Not me.”

“Hey, Kenneth! Listen to this. The buttons make the same noises like in the movies. Isn’t that cool?”

“Nathan, come back. I don’t like how the aliens are looking at me. Would you quit pushing buttons?”

“You gotta see this!”

“I just wanna go home. Give them the candy so they’ll let us go.”

“No. It’s mine.”

“Nathan, they’re sliding toward you. Please give them the candy!”

“Okay, guys. Do you want the candy from the dollar I found? The squirt wants to go home. I’ll make you a deal. I give you the candy, you let us go, and we won’t tell anybody about you. Okay?”

“Whew! That was close, Nathan.”

“Whatever. Let’s get home before our parents send out a search party.”


Word count: 498


© Copyright 2005 mygreenturtle got a new job!! (precious97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/943152-What-Happens-When-You-Steal-a-Dollar