*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/944459-Loneliness
Rated: · Other · Drama · #944459
The beginnings of a story of loneliness.
It is hard to know exactly what loneliness is until a person experiences it. A definition can be attached to the word, and a person can claim that he has been lonely once, but in truth, not many have. It is such a miserable state of being that the gods do not permit more than a select few to really be capable of defining it. True loneliness occurs when someone has no one at all in the world but knows what he is missing. Loneliness is spending an entire day with clouded eyes, looking past the world and still seeing nothing. Loneliness is getting up every morning and not knowing why; having no where to go and nothing to do except wander the earth in solitude, not even possessing the strength to end the wretched life. Loneliness is lying in the mud as rain pours to the ground, staring at the sky in envy. Loneliness causes others to look on in pity, shake their heads, and continue on their way, making the feeling even more overwhelming. It causes someone to spend his entire life hating people, and annuls the value of existance.

And when a person feels in such a way is this, what is he to do but try to began his life anew; any sympathy or solace would be hollow and dishonest. The problems of one tend only to be a sad story for others. Rebirth seems the only alternative. Not strictly in the literal since, of course but a rebirth of character, of spirits, and of the mind. But there is no way to describe just how hard it is to truly change oneself.
© Copyright 2005 Sapphire Dragon (scalesofjade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/944459-Loneliness