*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/945800-In-Dependent
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #945800
This story is of a girl who is on the road and has no place to go. .
A girl on the road no one knew. But her story became a legend in Mount Highest. Her story was told from generation to generation. No one knows what happened to her but we know that she was a brave girl a very brave girl. Her story landed to a class of 5th graders.
" Wow now that's a story." exclaimed one of them.
"This girl was amazing." said another. The children told everyone and decided to tell me. This is the girl's story.
Once upon a time in Mount Highest there was a girl. The girl. No one knew her name . No one even said hello. Some people said that she was deaf or that she didn't know how to talk. She never ate but she was never starving. She never smiled but you could tell that she was happy with her eyes. No one messed with her because she was tough. She lived her life on the streets but she made it. A lady driving in a car slowed down and asked why a girl was like her was on the road where she could get killed. The girl didn't answer. She ran into the street as a garbage truck was coming down the road. He sounded the horn and put on the brakes but he still hit the girl. She went to the hospital but amazingly no bones were broken in her body. She was perfectly fine. The woman said that she was her mother and took her home. Even though this was illegal in Mount Highest she didn't care. For all she had known her parents left her to die on the road and was doing what any mother would do. She fed the child and clothed her. The girl never went to school but she knew about everything. She was a great writer and never knew that meant a profession. The girl worked hard and......" said a child. What's wrong I replied. Oh nothing the child said. Well the girl worked hard and published a book "March 3". That book was a best seller but the girl never kept the money. She gave it all to her mother who had taken her in. One day at night the girl left with no money. She was said to have traveled the world but I don't know. She could have died for all I care."
All I know is that she is my daughter. I abandoned her. She did not die she still lives somewhere out there. It might be a legend but it was only 12 years ago. She's still out there and pray to God that she has forgiven me. My daughter published "March 3". I bought 16 copies of that book and read all of them. They are the best books ever. I still have those books on display somewhere in my house. The End.
© Copyright 2005 Alexandria High (tiger2424 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/945800-In-Dependent