*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/947942-Moonlit-Wander
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #947942
We lie together in that moonlit field and the possibilities are endless...
The long emerald blades dance gently to and fro in the warm, summer breeze. They tickle at my ankles, sending spasms of delight through my slender body. The moon is large is casting it’s eerie, sliver glow down ‘pon us all below; it turns all in it’s path a queer silver hue. The night sky is clear with only the tiny pinpricks of light that are stars dotting it. Staring up into the heavens I feel as if I am falling up into it, spinning up and up, forever and forever. The only sound I can hear is the gentle swish, swish of the grass in the wind and the soothing sound of you breathing. Occasionally your sweet laughter rings out or the low rumble of your voice. The air is cool against my skin causing a shiver to run through my body. I move closer to you warming myself with your body heat. A soft breeze blows across the land stroking my body, as soft as your caress. I inhale deeply. Many scents mingle together, the sweet earthy smell of the wildlife as well as the comforting smell of your aftershave. The sound of a bird taking off from the undergrowth makes me start but the weight of your arm round my shoulders soon soothes me. Moving my fingers I feel the slightly itchy blanket beneath me; its musty smell wafts up occasionally adding to the many scents of the outdoors. My toes squirm in the grass as it tickles my toes. I can feel the dusty, dry mud clinging to my feet and working its way under my toenails sending a shiver up my spine. An owl coos in a tree nearby and on a farm somewhere a cow can be heard lowing gently. Perhaps a mother calling for her child but that doesn't matter to me. All that matters is the lilting sound of your voice, the warmth of your skin and love that I feel for you.
© Copyright 2005 Little Miss Sunshine (blinkyflinky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/947942-Moonlit-Wander