*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/948341-Stream-of-consiousness
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #948341
In the "tradition" of s.c. this is just something that came to me.
Why isn't 20 considered middle age. In reality it is. It is for many people a jumping off point. For some its out of school and into work. For others its the end of childhood and the beginning of motherhood. But no matter what there is always some kind of transition in your 20's.

Then again there are transitions all thru life.So why is 40 considered the turning point the big b-day. In a world where we are being exposed to things at a much younger age it seems pointless.

There was a time when 30 or 40 seemed old. Now we have people living to be over a hundred. And yet we still cling to the same old middle age/mid-life crisis beind around 40.

Every person " cmes of age" at thier own pace. So why don't we just celebrate everybirthday like its the big one. Cause you never know how many you have.

THE END
© Copyright 2005 Nichole Pierce (joesmom2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/948341-Stream-of-consiousness