*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/948369-A-Life-Story-Turned-Demented-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #948369
A perfectly normal young women finds another demention on her aunt's farm
Prologue:
Once upon a time there lived a girl who happily did everything her parents asked. She loved her parents and her parents loved their obedient child… but one day, she became a teenager. To her parents’ horror, their loving obedient child became rebellious and disagreeable, testing her parents love for their daughter. Then one day, the teenager bloomed into a young woman. Her parents hoped this transformation meant that her horrible rebellious streak would subside but they were dreadfully disappointed to discover that their daughter had become even more rebellious (the young woman called it being independent). One day, the rebellious young woman was offered a job that she loved but her parents thought that this occupation was a terrible way to make a living. The parents determined to have the young woman obey their wishes, in a drastic and desperate attempt to get their daughter to listen, they threatened disinheritance…okay well maybe my parents did not go that far but they came close.
I sighed. Well that’s the short pleasant rendition about the earlier part of my, Aylie Lansky’s pathetic existence. I smirked at the thought that I had to refer to myself in the third person. I am really getting demented. I thought as I scrubbed the ale drenched wooden floor with the dirty rag. My hands had once been smooth, tan, nails neatly trimmed without dirt underneath the nail. I watched my blistered, roughened hands now cleaning the spilled ale with a rag on my knees on a dirty wooden floor. It seemed like ages ago when the only complex problem I faced was my parents’ condescending approval of my choice of an occupation.
I sighed again. Those were the days when life was simple and I had a choice of what I wanted to do.
I sniffed. I really was not good at that anyway, thinking back to how I accomplished to get myself in a position that I was scrubbing beer off the floor of a tavern in a country that I had never in my life heard of until six months ago. I would have never in a million years have dreamed of living my days as a slave/waitress in a tavern full of drunks, bandits, and soldiers in a country or place I never even heard of, never even dreamed of by the sanest person. All of my nights are spent poring over paper, trying to write all that I remembered just to keep my sanity. I try to recite quietly in my head what I have written down, while I perform my tasks in the daytime, it helps the time go by faster and keeps me from reflecting on the present state of servitude.
Life was quite different from this medial existence of this present status. I would have been fascinating and excited at reading an account like mine six months ago…but life can change in an instant. I guess you can say that is my point or theme I am trying to make in my account.
My story begins simply like this: I once was the last girl and child of a family that came from a wealthy background. We lived in West Palm Beach, Florida in a nice three story mansion. I did everything my parents wanted me to do from taking foreign language classes to piano lessons. When I reached 13 or 14 I realized I was being manipulated into a role that my parents wanted me to fulfill. Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful that my parents could afford these luxuries but I was not happy, I was miserable. It seemed like every day I fought with my parents over something that I did or did not do. Finally, I gave in and let them send me to the university that they chose for me but I did not go into business like they wanted me to, instead I majored in history. It took my parents a while for them to get used to the idea but they discovered that I could work for the government or write books if I went further with my education.
Of coarse, I did not want to do either. I really had no idea what I was going to do with my life and I figured that I would decide that portion of my life after I graduated. Graduation came and went but unfortunately, no idea came. My parents were livid when they discovered my aunt offered me a job researching her horse ranch’s history. My parents wanted me to have a job that got me more money and better status within society. So, they threatened that if I did not find a “real” job then I was not going to be backed financially. Being the rebellious child, I took the job that my aunt offered me and my parents have refused to speak to me (Don’t worry it gets more interesting than this blab about my excuse for a poor rich girl’s life).
As you can tell I am stubborn and I do not like to be told what to do some call it pride or arrogance which is true but I did not know that I possessed it then. Like in everything, a drastic experience has to happen before you realize the faults you have are not good and nobody likes them (I know you’re relieved that I am finally getting to the point). What has happened to me recently while at my aunt’s ranch (Yeah, I know poor rich girl has to work for her aunt on their horse ranch) has changed me forever. But I don’t know that you or anyone else will believe me. If you are not interested in hearing a poor shmuck like me coming to discover what I really wanted to do with my life then you better not attempt to read this account.
Now that the majority of people that thought that this might have been a good book have either:
a) chucked the book in the garbage;
b) Thrown it down on the floor in disgust;
c) returned it to the library and warned everybody that it was the weirdest book that they almost read;
d) Tore the pages out and started a bonfire while humming trying to block some of my words that have already tainted their brain;
e) Designated this book as a good spanking device for their unruly child
f) Okay I think I’m getting just a little carried away with this.
Anyways, all of you that are just barely surviving my ramblings, I appreciate your forbearance and you curiosity because it could only be these things that have made you stick with me thus far [faithvire note:or it is because your sister or cousin is making you read this! MOWAHAHAHA)
Prepare yourself for the weirdest and most humiliating remembrance of what has happened to me these past few months and you decide if I am as nuts as I seem.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK EVEN IF IT SUCKS
CHAPTER ONE TO BE POSTED SOON
© Copyright 2005 faithvire (faithvire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/948369-A-Life-Story-Turned-Demented-Prologue