*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/949041-Solemn-Candor
by Reason
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #949041
Something lost when growing up.
Solemn Candor


         When we were young (very young) we had not yet developed viewpoint or prejudice. We held everything in awe. We learned what things were and just accepted them for being without question. We saw with open eyes and we listened well. Our minds were open and so were our hearts. We were sincere and innocent and were born to do the right things.We cared from our hearts.We knew nothing of bad, evil, or good, except for what hurt us or pleasured us.

         As we grew we were taught to close our eyes and narrow our vision. As a baby we held the same reverence for a piece of candy, a piece of lint or a piece of dog poo. We held it, studied it, and then we popped it into our mouth. We used our senses to derive whatever pleasure there was to be had from it. Sometimes this was a good thing, sometimes not.

         We have to retrain ourselves so that we may once again view the world half as well as we did when we were young. We were brainwashed with our prejudices and dislikes. Hate and love are used with no meaning or feeling. To undo this brainwashing we have to stop, think, reflect, and ponder our lives and the world around us. Bringing back the wonder of the world around us will not be easy for most. We have taken too much for granted.

         Our perspectives have been pounded into our minds as we grow. We need to adjust them at some point in our adult lives. We need to dig deep within ourselves and see what we have become. If we are not happy with what we see we need to start being completely honest with ourselves. Many will not do this because it is painful. To make our life go and be what we want it to we must start with ourselves and acknowledge everything that we have done. We do not need to judge or make excuses we just need to accept what we have done. Everything that we have done or that was done to us (good or bad) has happened for a reason and is what made us who we are today. If we do not accept the truth within us then our spirituality is held back. If we do not learn from our mistakes then we will make them over again until we do learn.

         When we learn to see the world as we did when we were children and forget the prejudices, criticisms, viewpoints, and judgments that we have learned then our hearts are opened up for love, kindness, and happiness to come in. Serendipity abounds once we are completely and sincerely honest within ourselves. It may be painful but the rewards are enormous.
© Copyright 2005 Reason (reasonz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/949041-Solemn-Candor