*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/949462-Life-After-Death-----Episode-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #949462
Its all about the Spiritual Journey of a Soul in the Land of Death
Life After Death --- Episode 1


Life, the more you live, the more you crave for it. It's natural, since we are afraid of death. Even the most courageous Heroic Personality, who would claim to be fearless of death, does fear it at a particular point. Although we all are familiar with the fact that every object that is created, has to be destroyed someday or other, it's a spine chilling reality for us. Death is said to be immortal, as none as yet have been able to escape from its icy claw.

Then the question start following up like: Why are we afraid of DEATH? What happens to one after death? Is there something called as next birth? What do they mean when they speak out terms like Soul, Spirit, and such scary names?

Well the answers are locked in those dark nights of unfamiliarity and anonymity which even Science has been trying to explore, and has even been successful to borrow evidences. Yet we can’t be that sure whether those evidences can be declared to be Facts or just a raw outcome of scientific researches. The questions arise in each and every person’s mind, and end up unanswered. Neither do all of us have that guts to go ahead and explore the anonymous world of darkness that haunt our minds with an unknown and unpredictable fear.

It's said that ones a living being attends its death bed, it can’t return back, but then why one reports to have seen a dead acquaintance’s Soul or Spirit. Some even report of having being communicated with that Soul. Science is still on its way to explore such questions. However the most important answer for the question “Why are we afraid of death?” is Loneliness. It's the detachment of the dead ones with the living ones. A formal break up brought about by the time and situations that can never be patched up. We are afraid of being carried away from our dear ones. We are unaware about the forthcoming future, whether it's good or deadly than the death. We don’t even know what happens when we close our eyes, never to open again. That’s the time when we really think of our own selves than anybody else. An unknown truth leads us to seek refuge towards various myths and legendry, yet our mental status to accept death as a calamity and not as a life cycle remains unchanged.

While these questions remain unanswered, we stroll in a dark lane of fears and prejudice that somehow or other leads us towards the destination called as DEATH. So why not accept it as a reality of life and stop fooling around. Why do we lead a life full of self centred and selfish motivations? Why do we observe our fellow people as our rivals and competitors? Why do we follow relationships as bonds and not humanity? Why do we always stay with a tinge of insecurity and jealousy towards our fellow people? Why do we treat the terms like love, affection, care, understanding, and other such emotional feelings as commodities that can be measured according to an individual’s state and not as a nature’s gift to understand our fellow people? There are many such unanswered questions about life too.

Based on the above principles of life and death I have a tale to narrate. It goes this way. This tale is based on a life of an individual – Amar, who always tried to be an ideal Human Being, no not the way that was taught to us in our old History books like Ahimsa (Non violence), following truth, etc. An ideal human being here stands for treating other fellow beings as humans and not based on cast or religion.

Born in a middle class family residing in a heavily crowded city called Mumbai, Amar spent his child hood, observing his family members and neighbours striving hard to earn their living yet satisfying the needs of the family. Amar followed all the social teachings imparted on him by elders and grew to be a polite child, though he couldn’t get the label of an ideal son since he sometimes disobeyed his elders for following few traditions that he disliked.

He seldom had a quarrel with his fellow people on points and acts that were smeared with unjust practices. He believed in concept of “Honesty is a Best Policy”, although many a times, he had observed that honesty had to be compromised in order to beat the unfair social conquests that involved political strategies where honesty alone can’t survive unless encapsulated by shrewd techniques.

(to be continued...)

© Copyright 2005 Pravin B. Dhayfule (dhayfule at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/949462-Life-After-Death-----Episode-1